Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

THE BEST DIRT TRAIL ATV??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE BEST DIRT TRAIL ATV??

i didnt have to pay more for my black banshee but "diescarred" has a really nice looking raptor

Old 02-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

how the hell is it an "elite option"
Talking reverse.

In my search for an ATV I did consider it an elite option. Not an absolute, just a nice touch. Sorry if you don't(or do) agree. What can I say??? I went with the Raptor, and 'yes' reverse did matter in my case. It's like having an eraser......sometimes I make mistakes.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

im 14 and i have been riding fourwheelers/dirtbikes since i was. Thanks to all ur input im buying a raptor, no more decisions to be made lol
towercity congrats wish i had one
lapeerbanshee i agree with u im 14 and havent died lol

Old 02-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

ment to say since i was 4****

Old 02-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DieScarred
If you keep good care of it, it wont look that bad,
I take excellent care of my bike, my problem is I tend to ride it. I'm not complaining because there is no other color I would rather have. I was just warning TOWERCITY that it does show up more. If you want dude, check out my pics, I think one of them has a decent shot of my back fenders. They're scratched up good and I wouldn't have it any other way. The scratches give it personality and it doesn't look bad either. I RIDE!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Range Rover

Whoever it was that said good riders dont need reverse is a moron! Maybe not in the middle of the desert! But if you ride any tight, technical trails, it will get used very often...not to mention the liquid cooling the EX doesnt have for those hard riding, hot summer days. If you are poor, (like I am now) an EX is an acceptable performer. But not even on the same pages as a Z/KFX if money is no option.

Old 02-12-2004, 01:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Towercity- You made a great choice. After a while if you feel like modding it, there are 100's of choices. Glad the raptor bashers did not sway you. They are a jealous group.

(i am not talking Z-400 owners here, nice smooth quad)

Old 02-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Warrior350ripper
i think it would suk with out reverse ..think about how many times your gonna need to get off with out it..makes sense to have it people that say u don't need it when your stuck the first thing u have to do is rock the bike back and forth..with out reverse your gettin off and pullin/tuggin with mud splashin everywhere lolol funny stuff--------- when u could just flip the lever?????? how the hell is it an "elite option"

Been there done that. I also learned this winter that ice sucks too, its like getting stuck in a mud puddle, the only difference is you can't stand on this mud puddle you just get up to try to push or pull or lift and fall on your ***. My next quad has that determining factor, I ride alot of muddy trails and well even though I know them like the back of my hand the guys I sometimes follow don't and I end up right behind them, a dead end, then they put it in reverse while they wait on me to get off and turn mine around. Just my thoughts I guess...all depends on where and how you ride!!

Old 02-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Towercity-
Best dam line i have seen posted here in ages

Talking reverse.

In my search for an ATV I did consider it an elite option. Not an absolute, just a nice touch. Sorry if you don't(or do) agree. What can I say??? I went with the Raptor, and 'yes' reverse did matter in my case. It's like having an eraser......sometimes I make mistakes

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LMAO

Old 02-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Check out gas gas quads.

Jeff

Quick Reply: THE BEST DIRT TRAIL ATV??