Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Advice (warrior related)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice (warrior related)

Is the warrior really a tank like people say it is? I want a good reliable, FUN quad for riding around on my land, on my trails, and jumping. I dont need the fastest quad in the world, just something fun and trouble-free. I am considering a 2004 warrior. Is it a fun bike or is it a tank like people say it is? I weigh 125lb, not real heavy. What are the major cons of this machine? How about pros? what other machines would you offer that are in the same class as the warrior? I am sort of lost in the whole sport-quad thing, someone point me in the right direction!

Old 03-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

i think a warrior would b perfict 4 u! there not a tank but there not a rappy ethor if ur looking for hasle free fun u've found the right quad

Old 03-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

I am going from a grizzly 600, (wich is waaayyyy! big for me) to the warrior, the grizzly is boring until I can find deep mudholes, But I want a sport quad much more. Does the warrior have somewhat decent mud protection though? Because I will also be taking it out in some pastures wich will have some mud and stuff, I know the protection wont be anything like my grizz but is it going to be like not even having fenders at all?

Old 03-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

It's not a tank, it has pretty good ergo's and it isn't overly huge, just a normal sized quad. It's solid, rugged, reliable and low maintenance. has decent power for the just wanna have fun kinda guy. However, you being 125 lbs, it might handle you a little more than you handle it. The suspension is pretty fluffy, you can tackle small to medium jumps with a landing ramp. How tall are you? If you were shorter than 5,5 I would suggest the blaster. Both the blaster and the warrior are good fun quads, the blaster is smaller, but also has 2 stroke power delivery, and with a simple mod like a pipe, can be made to go faster. However, the blaster will really beat you up with the suspension, before I put 400ex shocks on mine, it would just beat the hell out of me. The warrior is a more comfortable ride. but really do you want a 4 stroke or a 2 stroke?

Old 03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

I am 5'4 but growing....blaster felt cramped when I sat on it. I did consider the blaster though, just doesnt seem like the bike for me.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not trying to purswade you, but my blaster is for sale for 2600$, it's got absolutely nothing wrong with it.
I live in virginia.
I understand if you're not interested it's fine.
Either bike would be good, you are aware that they are manual clutch machines right?

Old 03-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ElectricShift
I am 5'4 but growing....blaster felt cramped when I sat on it. I did consider the blaster though, just doesnt seem like the bike for me.
im a tad over 6'0" and the warrior fits me very nicely..good comfy seat too. although if you're going for a new one, you might want to wait another month and go for the raptor 350..its a warrior with different plastics and better suspension and exhaust.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

warriors are excellent quads. i might also suggest looking into a z400. bit more sportier and better suspension. very reliable and excellent handling. if u look u can get a new one for around 5000$

Old 03-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

I am aware the machines are manual clutch. I spent ALOT of seat-time on a KX100 so I have pretty much mastered the use of a clutch. How do warriors jump and wheelie?

Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ElectricShift
I am aware the machines are manual clutch. I spent ALOT of seat-time on a KX100 so I have pretty much mastered the use of a clutch. How do warriors jump and wheelie?

easier than a grizzly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The warrior is the only sport quad ive ridden and can say that it jumps very nice, very stable in the air and landing. Wheelie'ing is a sinch for me, but ive got a couple mods.

Quick Reply: Advice (warrior related)