Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Banshee?

I am considering selling the Wariror and buying a Shee. Couple Question....

How often am I looking at a rebuild?
How are they on trails?
Do they have enough torque not in powerband to putt putt around and for one some tight trails?
How do they jump?
Is there a huge difference in powerband? A kind've throwning you off the seat difference?
Do they climb hills good?

anyhting else I may need to know, go ahead and post it.

Old 03-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee?

There is a big difference in the powerband, you will be riding along(low on power) and it will hit the powerband(burst of power) and you had better have a good hold on the bars cause your in for a ride...

They jump pretty good, a little nose heavy, just have to give a little more gas on take off.

Trails humm, Not too bad not the best though. sometimes they can overheat a little when going slow, over all you just have to be good with the clutch know when to shift and keep the rpms up and your fine...

I got mine last year used it had been rebuilt once before, when i got the shee it was in need of a top end bad sometimes it would drop a cylinder (lack of compression).. It has been through 2 top ends in 8 years (damn i didn't realize it was that old till now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img])

If you keep it in the powerband it will climb just about any hill...

They aren't really made to "putt putt" around they like to be revved and going fast...

TrailRider

Old 03-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

I know its not to putt-putt around but I'm saying could I if I had to for a while then open her up?

Old 03-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

Originally posted by: warrior68man[/i]
I am considering selling the Wariror and buying a Shee. Couple Question....

How often am I looking at a rebuild?
Depends on how hard you ride it. You can go 3 years pretty easily for trail/dune riding and some recreational racing.

How are they on trails?
They are a fun bike on the trails, but you will have to be aware of thump/arm pump

Do they have enough torque not in powerband to putt putt around and for one some tight trails?
You can put around with a little clutch effort. Just dont put a top end pipe on it and you will have decent low end power

How do they jump?
They jump quite well, imo. I feel very stable and planted on the bike. its also small enough to move around in the air a little.

Is there a huge difference in powerband? A kind've throwning you off the seat difference?
The banshee is a light switch. A good pipe can make that a lot worse or a lot better, depending on how you plan to ride.

Do they climb hills good?
They are excellent hill climbers.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

How often am I looking at a rebuild? 6/7 years tops if you keep it in good condition.

How are they on trails? Very good once you get the handling down.

Do they have enough torque not in powerband to putt putt around and for one some tight trails? Yes

How do they jump? ALRIGHT stock, but if i were you, i wouldnt jump anything over 35/40 feet, trust me. But if you set up the rear shock soft, it SHOULD soak up the hits better.

Is there a huge difference in powerband? A kind've throwning you off the seat difference? Coming off a warrior, definatly, They have a strong powerband hit in the first 2 or 3 gears, after that, it is smother if your really ripping the gears.

Do they climb hills good? VERY GOOD. I you would need a nice run on some twisty hill climbs because it could bog, but if you have a straight on hill, they will get you to the top in a matter of seconds.

If you ride open fields, Dunes (i dont guess you do since your in Pennsylvania), wide trails, blah, blah, blah, then you woul love a banshee.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

Well....heres the thing....Theres a sweet place to ride at where I could open her up constantly...but...inorder to get there, I have to go throw a medium width trail with lots of bumps, puddles, and hills....When you first enter, (as of right now), it is like a swamp, huge ruts full of water that you have to go throw....then past that...its not that bad....ceot for some puddle crossings...which The Banshee I was riding with today went threw ok...then theres some sweet hillclimbs that I'm sure a Banshee would dominate.....

Old 03-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

Screw it...I'm convinced I want one...anyone wanna trade a shee for a Nice, Nice, Nice Warrior?..hehe..

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

If you can get through those ruts without bottoming out, a banshee is a must for you since it seems like it likes all the terrain you mentioned, bumps? they shouldnt be a problem for a banshee, ive manuevered mine through some crazy stuff and its got through most everthing, i think youll really like a shee if you get it.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

Thanks to everyone that replyed..I appreciate it...now where can I find a cheap banshee...first off...anyone wanan buy a warrior lol

Old 03-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee?

Ill sell you my shee for $2900 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Banshee?