Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004 | 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums

Ow ok thats it I can't take it the Breeze comment finally has gotten to me! I would rather ride a Breeze then a Predator! At least its still a Yamaha! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Feel better Bryan? lol

Old 09-28-2004 | 04:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol, if you would rather ride a breeze than a pred, then you have issues......but it sure is funny......

Old 09-28-2004 | 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Last summer, a bunch of happy-go-lucky Yamaha ATV'ers were spending the day racing up the famous Boxcar hill at the even more famous Oregon Dunes Recreation Area. This was not a game for the weak or the timid, this was a contest of big horsepower and even bigger egos. Suddenly, out of the rotting Salmon stenched fog, a solitary rider approached. It was obvious that he intended to teach us the definition of eye-watering acceleration. I noted that this somber rider, clad in mismatched sneakers, open-faced helmet and welding gloves, was mounted on a grey and black steed that bore the famous logo of a company that knew how to build automatics, watercraft and snowmobiles. He wasn't here to play. So, as we revved our motors, he lined up and took his place amongst the legends of ATV'ing, yes, the Banshees, the Raptors, the YFZ450's and even a random Breeze or two. Thumbs twitched, wrists turned, engines snarled and the contest began. Out of the corner of my eye, I tried to catch a glimps of this formidable looking foe. But, he was nowhere to be seen. As I looked farther back, I could see the desperate rider prompting his gray steed for all it had, but alas, there was no more to give. Being the staunch supporters of ATV'ing that we are, we yelled ecouragements. There could be heard shouts of "Is that all you got?", "Try another gear!", "How 'bout a tow strap?" and "You're kiddin'-right?" reverberating throughout the dunes. As we awaited his arrival, he silently peeled away, dejected and humiliated. His back slumped in shame, much akin to that of an spineless invertibrate (squid), and the sobbing came next. We could hear him stifle a cry of "Oh god, 60 more payments". The last image we saw, as he faded into the fog, was the sticker on his plastic that said........PREDATOR. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2004 | 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

rofl!!!!

Old 09-28-2004 | 05:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

LMAO!!! That was great!

Old 09-29-2004 | 03:31 AM
Trailblazer

I think everyone agrees on this one (theres).

Old 09-29-2004 | 04:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

have you ran it in the 100 yet?

Old 09-29-2004 | 04:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont know, i got to thinking about it...and not to be a jerk, but if you did run that bike at an asda event and it went 94mph in 150 feet id like to see a slip. Bikes running 94mph in 300 feet are doing 3.5's and with your bike and chassis setup i just dont see that thing running those speeds or even being controllable at half the distance. No disrespect, but if it was an asda event and timers were setup they would have a slip. Can i see the slip please

But if you can prove it thats awesome, but just going off of what i know. Figure you run that thing completely in 300 feet. You'd be up there in top fuel dragster mph and eh...id have to call BS

Old 09-29-2004 | 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Dito... i was thinking the same thing but just didn't want to start an argument...

BTW the Predator story was great! LOL Hey Bryan what do you have to say about that one? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2004 | 08:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan
Dito... i was thinking the same thing but just didn't want to start an argument...

BTW the Predator story was great! LOL Hey Bryan what do you have to say about that one? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL.........uh..............Must have been the rider.......Yeah the rider....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

The open face helmet was causing wind resistance.......

Oh....and he didn't hear them telling him it wasn't an automatic till it was too late.

Yep all sound like valid excus....er.....uh......reasons to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Who do you think has the fastest atv on the forums