Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster vs. warior

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster vs. warior

Hell i could care less if people hate me on these boards. Bottum line Wanaply started this whole cluster of posts. This is all in fun! Every now and then you need some smack talkin. If not than ATV Racing/Riding is not a sport. Every sport has trash talkin.

And speaking from experience i tried a smaller sprocket on my Warrior. On the motor it helped some, but on Nitrous it really sucked! There is no way you shift it fast enough before it wound up. Wound the bike up to fast and i hated it. Hell the Nitrous wound the motor up enough as it is. So i went back with stock one and like it alot better.

Wanaply sounds like your a punk-*** kid to me? I'm sure i'll get some responses out of this...lol.....But to be honest i could care less if your blaster ran 150mph. But i will say this again.....when you said and i quote "get a port job on the blaster and it will never be stopped by the warrior, not even a 400ex or 400z, hollywood's portin mine and cant wait to get it back so i can go beat those bigger bikes with a little 200 " i had to say something.

News to you, I have beat a 400ex piped easily. I'm not saying i got the fastest thing around, but i do know alot of people on these boards dont have Nitrous on their atv so they dont know the big pick-up it gives them. And if they do have it even less have it on a Warrior much less any do. Bottum line your running head and i felt like a needed to reply. If you dont like it than dont read my posts....PERIOD.

And to whoever said my Warrior will burn-up or blow-up before he gets his done is full of s***. I think Trinity Racing knows a little about four wheelers dont they???? Jimmy and Harry themselves said and i quote "You will be shocked when it comes to how much abuse the stock motor will take". So i put it on there. And havent had one problem yet. Sprayed "9" 2.5lb bottles threw it and not one problem. It dosent take a rocket scientist to make Nitrous work on a ATV and make it last.

Like i said for the haters i got out there....If you dont like the post and replys i make than dont read them. I'm not a jerk, as a matter of fact i got on this board for help on my Warrior and questions i had and to help anyone that has questions a can answer.....ANY NO DOUBT ATV CONNECTION IS THE BEST SITE FOR ATV TALK I'V SEEN

Old 04-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

wannaply21,
I think boxhead is right on this one. The size of your carburator is one of the biggest factors when determining how much air your bike can suck. And with more air, you get more gas, which intern gives you more power. You can modify your airbox, drill holes, get a knn, or do whatever you want but in the end you are still restricted by the venturi (bore of your carb)

IM not trying to rag on your dude, but I think boxhead is right on this one.

Old 04-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

I've got an 04 blaster, it's a k&n air filter & jet kit. I weigh about 205lbs
my friend's got an 03 warrior, only has a K&n air filter. He weighs about 220 lbs.
Both of us are novice riders, and he beats me everytime we race, short and long runs.
I think weight makes a big difference with the blaster. It's a very light bike as it is.

Racing does depend a lot on the rider though.

Old 04-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Actually the power gain from a carb depends on how atomized the fuel is when mixed with the air. If you get too large of a carb the velocity of the air will drop since the volume of the cylinder never changed and the carb can fill this space quicker with the larger diameter. You must keep the carb size small enough so that the air/fuel mixture still races in the cylinder at a good speed so the fuel is in the smallest droplets possible. For this reason I got the normal Edelbrock instead of the special edition. The carb size wasn't bigger than the port on the cylinder, so I doubt if porting will do very much (if so it's small enough to pass the eye). If I actually had a race cam where my machine always had to be run at high revs the porting may make a slight difference, but only with that special edition carb, since it's diameter is larger. Like I said before that accelerator pump helped out my performance the most, since the stock carb didn't have one. The surge of fuel it gives delivers the full potential of my whole engine setup instantly when the throttle is pushed. I think this carb also just gives a hell lot better of fuel atomization, something most people don't know about. The rich and lean adjustments actually go to fractions of a jet size too, another factor. Wannaply21 should take someone's word on this when they live 2 miles from the motor city!!! lol (my friend that taught me to set this up has a four year degree and worked on the GM proving grounds for the last few years, I definately have to give him the credit for the original setup, thanks man!!!)
Speaking of nitrous, another friend of mine drags with a z400 starting in 2nd gear with 13/41 and never keeps his front end down even when standing on the dam front bumper practically, HIS MOTOR HASN'T BLOWN!!! If you run nitrous correctly there are no limits!!! The few cases where motors have been blown are probably due to improper mixtures and a fool at the controls.

Old 04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a warrior and i have killed several blasters in races. including at silver lake and it had paddles and i has stocks.

Old 04-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

wanaply21, get a 30mm flat side for your blaster and you won't be disapointed at all. You can go up to a 30 or 32 on a stock blaster motor and still obtain high volicity in the motor. Anything more then that will actually hurt power unless you bore or port.
I'd say with your set up you should go 32/33.

jmo

Old 04-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: henpecked
blasters are made for little kids making money on their paper routes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
That's a pretty rich statement from someone with a Z250 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]