Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Aledo Trailer Park June race update

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aledo Trailer Park June race update

If I can hitch a ride with someone I'll go or I can take someone with me in my truck (reg cab 03 Sierra). Im like 1200 miles from Aledo and Im sure we can get all the driving done in one day.

Old 04-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

scholle.. when are u leaving. I will be on a stock bike with sixsixt's adapter and maybe a pipe. I will race anyone wheelie bar or not . I had 686 and stock swingarm and on street track i still didnt need a wheelie bar, but will race anyone with one.
Rudy

Old 04-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Mark, I dont see how you are gonna have enough day light to run all the classes unless you start at 9:30 am. Sundown should be close to 9:00PM so that will give you 12hrs for all the races and an 1 hour break for lunch. It would be really nice if everyone could PRE REGISTER in the class they will be running in, so that you guys could actually get a better idea of just how long each class with take. If thier are some late entree's that show up, they will have to race in the class you put them, No if,ands,or BUTS.

Also Everyone needs to remember to bring $20 for adults,and $5 for kids. This should help you recover some of the costs from your personal account. If you go race anywhere else in the US it will cost you atleast this much,and you wont have NEAR the competition nor the wonderful time for your friends& family. I think it will be a DEAL at this price. I dont mean to speak for you about this subject , but it is only fair, and I think everyone will agree, it just hasn't been brought up yet.

Bigger.
How about $20 per quad? And $5 for spectators? Just a suggestion.
Also will there be any non class racing going on out there? There should be maybe be two strips for the class racing and one for people who got eliminated and wanna do some more drag racing because I know I'm gunna get killed out there in the class that I'll be in.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Rudy, I am going to try and leave early friday morning (like 6:00) before the race. I still have to work out my schedule at work.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

thats cool with me, i will probably follow u. Do u know Kurtis not sure how u spell his name, from around u?
Rudy

Old 04-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!! Why don't you have a special class for each bike that shows up. Everybody wins.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can't wait till all the rules are sorted out and someone posts all the rules, the cost to enter the races, and all that good information. But no matter what, I know it's going to be a blast. I can't wait.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it cost anything to race (it didn't last year) but there is a donation jar for charity, which didn't fill up very far from what I remember. You tight wads should double up this year, you know who you are. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Mark... fun stuff out of the way first... If you want to race for funny stickers that FINE with me LOL. I think the sticker would hurt you worse then me though, because I know you HATE Trinity and I have nothing against Craycraft LOL.

Now as for the wheelie bars, I don't see what the problem is. Either you have a wheelie bar or you don't, but that should not change anything about what class you run in. I don't know if you are just trying to see people flip over and get hurt or what. I will make you a deal you can ride my quad without the bar as long as you pay for damages. The rule is that you have to come off the light WOT with the 25 shot of NOS on (by the way I will have the camera ready) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you run every class with the bikes with the wheelie bars first and then the others then my guess is that you are going to have all the FAST bikes racing first. If I offend anyone without a bar by saying this I'm sorry but I do have a reason for saying it. If a bike has a wheelie bar then my guess is that most likely it is a true drag bike and the wheelie bar is there for a reason LOL. Just like the 4.2 craycraft bike I don't think you would want to drop the hammer on it without a wheelie bar!

I will race ANYONE and have fun doing it, but I WILL have my wheelie bar on along with my helmet.

Later,
Mike

Old 04-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Whatever is decided will be fine by me. I can run with or without, but I will bring it along just incase. It doesn't bother me to race with it and then race again without it.

This race with the stickers should be very funny as well. I'll run the camera for you guys, and I'll keep it rolling when the sticker is applied to the bike that came up short. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Aledo Trailer Park June race update