Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Aledo Trailer Park June race update

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aledo Trailer Park June race update

Wheelie bars are like tire choice. You can pick out one if you want it. I can't see running all the ones together with wheelie bar first. Next thing you will want to do is run all the DS's off then race the Raptors that are left against it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Alright, wheelie bars allowed in every class, But there will be a stock swing arm class added.

400cc and under
500cc and under
660cc and under + kawi v-forces
703cc and under
704 cc and over
open anything goes
350cc 2 stroke and under
351cc 2 stroke and over
kid class dictated as needed
womens race if needed

I now understand why people bracket race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

STILL NEED TO HASH OUT IF YOU HAVE TO BUMP UP FOR RUNNING ALKY.

EVENT IS FREE, SOFT DRINKS AND WATER IS FREE, FOOD IS FREE, FIREWORKS ARE FREE, PORT A JON IS FREE, QUITE A FEW PRIZES TO BE GIVEN AWAY, THROPHIES ARE FREE

T-SHIRTS WILL BE ABOUT 10 BUCKS, DYNO SHOULD BE ABOUT 20 DOLLARS. A PROFESSIONAL PHOTO GUY WILL BE HERE. I DO NOT HAVE THE COST YET BUT I THINK HE WILL SHOT ABOUT 6 DIFFERNT PICS FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS IT. HE WILL SHOOT THE PICS THEN HE WILL HAND YOU THE FILM TO DO WITH WHAT YOU WISH.

A tip jar will be somewhere, no obligation to put money in it. The event usally cost anywhere from 2500 to 3500 to do.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Pro Rider

It's funny how many ppl are going to be running wheelie bars. 90% of the ppl running them are not going to have them setup properly at all. Sure it keeps you from flipping, but if it's setup wrong, it unloads the rear tires and you lose valuable time.
I almost won the event last year with no wheelie bar...and no problems launching either.

Raptorman....Ive launched my bike(so has Crafty and Dollarbillz) on a 20 shot off the line, pinned WOT, +4 swingarm, and was able to bust off a 4.9 doing so. If your bike is a trail bike or something, and not setup for drags, I can see wheelies off the line being a problem...but if it's a mostly drag bike..make it happen.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Alky, has to be considered a power adder. Like Nos and turbos. I dont have a problem racing anyone. I will race in every class that I can. If your scared, say your scared.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

overrides?

Old 04-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It needs to be kept somewhat simple, swing-arms and wheelie bars shouldn't make any difference.

4 strokes

400 and under- bolt on | modded | alky/nos/turbo

401 to 600- bolt on | modded | alky/nos/ turbo

601 to 700- " | " | "

700+ - gas | alky | nos/turbo

Anything goes

The only exception I would consider is a stock engine/bolt on bike with alky would run in the modded class.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

14mins,

I thought the classes had already been hashed out earlier in the year on your website (14mins.com)?

What happened to that? Ernie660R started the thread if I remember correctly. Also, on page one of this thread, the classes were defined as well.
2004 ATPN quad classes

I was going to convert to alcohol, but after seeing the classes on 14mins.com decided to stay on gas. I was planning on running in the two stroke 350-400cc gas class. Looks like now, according to your posting above, I'll have to run against full blown alchol two strokes, regardless of fuel and displacement. I may have to start scrambling to get setup for alcohol now.

Is that gonna be the case? I don't have a beef with it, just would like to know which way it's gonna be.

Regards,

Buttermilk385

Old 04-30-2004, 12:54 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
back home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].......... How to recognize me>>>> big **** on baja X >>>>signing autographs and taking pictures with my trophy's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].......
LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Buttermilk- The classes may end up as posted on 14mins.com. I was just looking to see if they need tweaking. There is now way to make everyone happy.

Old 04-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

14mins,

Either way is fine with me. Just wanting to try to make sure I know what I'm getting into.

regards,
buttermilk

Quick Reply: Aledo Trailer Park June race update