Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

It's gone again :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004 | 10:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default It's gone again :(

Sorry too hear of the problems Bubba. Believe me, I feel your pain. Us Raptor owners must glut for punishment..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].
Gary

Old 05-24-2004 | 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

lol man i got ride of my raptor im sorta happy cuz it was a money pit i got a rm now and i love it

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:46 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well, I found out the problem. The flywheel key got f*cked up and was hitting the rod and crank, it ruined both too (god damnit). It happened sometime during either startup or shutdown when the engine tends to back up and go the other direction because of the high compression. I put the newer burrlier starter clutch in which was the major problem because the original would of just gone out instead of shearing that key. Very sh*tty deal eh?

Does anyone know if Carillo is still way backed up on rod output? Or can I get one really soon? Also, how much do you guys think I can get out of my bike if I were to want to sell it? The 450's are starting to look tempting (without the damn motor work this time though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The 1 way clutch you speak of....is it an L and A or something else? That sucks man!
Gary

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:52 PM
|
Pro Rider

L&A

Also, is there some type of aftermarkey flywheel key that might be better than stock??

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Damn, that sucks, I guess you should have came to my party instead [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. I think Craycraft has rods in stock, I've also seen quite a few Carrillo's on eBay recently. So your crank is totally ruined? This isn't what I wanted to hear about while my motor is being built. I know what you mean about a new yzf being very tempting. But you know if you got one, you'll be like, might as put a little bigger piston it, then it will be the same thing all over again. Good luck

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBubba
L&A
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I feel your pain bro. I hope you can find your parts quick(I seen a Carrillo Rod on ebay the other day). I sure did have a chance to get a YFZ when I got my 04 Raptor but just couldnt change the seating and torque.

So, if the engine does back spin and the L&A holds its own then something will give. I guess it was the flywheel key in your motor, what would have went if that held up??? I may need another starter bearing(this new one only lasted 8 months) but have been hesitant on the L&A one.

Old 05-25-2004 | 05:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is one on ebay Click Here

Old 05-25-2004 | 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

How was the flywheel hitting the rod? Do you meen the counter shaft key. I'm confused. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2004 | 05:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If the flywheel key shears all he$$ would break loose and the piston would hit the valves.....destroying the top end. The crank key on the right hand side must be what you are speaking of?? It's huge...it seems very unlikely that it could shear unless the large crank nut came loose. Just trying too play devils advocate here..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].