Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Craycraft 730 vs. Sparks 690 vs. Kenz 727

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 04:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craycraft 730 vs. Sparks 690 vs. Kenz 727

Originally posted by: 14mins
A the video showed me was a lack of hp on the kens 727. It hooked up well off the line. I would have figured Kenz would have tuned it up a little better before the race at the cinders
My bike makes great power in phoenix where it was tuned for, Ken had nothing to do with my trip to the cinders, I never even had him mess with the jetting for the cinders i just went up there to have fun and do some racing. I was going to put different jets in on sunday but i didnt hang around to try them out... my bike did hook up off the line and alot of the time it was to much and then sometimes not at all, once again my bike set up was different from theirs and next time im going to go alittle more prepaired. The cr bike ran great and so did the sparks
and im not trying to start anything but if your bikes are so great drive to the cinders not knowing what to expect and how your bike needs to be jetted and what tires to run and what gearing works and see how you do and ill tape you racing someone that goes there alot and knows how to set up there bike and well see how you do and if you can win great you have a good bike but if you loose can we sit here and dog craycraft for not getting the bike to be fast and tuned right when he had nothing to do with it?

Old 05-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Sounds like some Kenz owners are starting to whine.
No whining going on here. We are simply defending the honor of our builder. Much in the same way that you would defend your's if the roles were reversed. Which they have been in the past.

If their is any doubt in our builders ability, please see the MLK weekend video's. You remember those right? The ones where the Kenz bike was clearly the fastest bike on the hill.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

no disrespect but if it was the fastest it would have one, and you guys had one close race and one race on video...

No doubt that it was fast but not the fastest on the hill..JMO

Old 05-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

i just went up there to have fun and do some racing
yah, what are all you bench racers arguing about?? give the guy a break. he had a good learning experience and if he decides to get competative I am sure he will have many more fun times racing the rapfam clan. Until then, there is nothing to critique.

Jiggle on!

Old 05-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Alright which page should I start with???

First off, a huge thanks to Bob Craycraft, Jerry, Mark, and the rest of Craycraft racing affiliates, I'll include dollarbillz too, he always seems to be around too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I did beat my dad's sparks bike, but not every race and he still won the majority, BUT I was able to beat my uncles identical sparks bike every race!!! I would say me and my uncle are fairly equal riders, we weigh about the same too. My dad is the stud lightweight rider out of the three of us, and my sister is definitley on her way up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]@ 120 lbs.

It is a low compression true 10:1 Craycraft 730. built for reliability.

This is the first trip on this motor, the first two days were break in days.

My jetting was off, and my +6 swingarm hurt me a lot with knobbies @ 8,000ft elevation.

My dad was jetted for the dunes, hasn't touched the carbs since MLK weekend at Glamis, so it was running pretty rich.

The kenz bike ran good, it was the 2nd time he had been up there and didn't really know the ins and outs of the Cinders. It is a very tricky place to ride!!!

Sparks racing had my dad and uncles engine two weeks after 4SW2. I sent my motor off about one month AFTER my dad sent his but I recieved my motor back in 3 weeks, theirs took almost 8 months??? those are regular sparks 690 builds I think, my uncle and dad's bikes are identical when running the hill.

the Sparks 727's at 4SW3 did not seem to run much better than the 690 builds. Curtis still recommends a 690 over a 727.

my bike definitely has more potential for a high comp piston, ignition, oxygenated gas, nitro. I won't do anything until I get the current motor jetted right and running to it's max potential, remember it is a low compression cruiser.

This motor has the same pipe as my dad and boy is mine a ton LOUDER!!! you wouldn't believe the difference.

I have another 3 videos ready to post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

hope I cleared some things up

Old 05-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

sorry so long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad you are back and got everything cleared up.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great going Cracraft!!!! That is awesome!!!!

Cant wait to see the ending construction on dollarbillz, that thing is going to be SWEET!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hope I get mine broke in nicely this weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I still cant believe the service Bob gives to his customers even though he is as busy as he is. I will put him over all others out there that I have dealt with..... (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

Old 05-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I still cant believe the service Bob gives to his customers even though he is as busy as he is. I will put him over all others out there that I have dealt with..... (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)
Agreed.

Make sure you let us all know how she runs, cause the 14:1 is in my future.....96% sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

got my pipe last night and i will be firing her up tonight to mess with the carb set up, i need a dyno before the weekend ....I will probabley get out to dumont or pismo to dial in for sure ...

Quick Reply: Craycraft 730 vs. Sparks 690 vs. Kenz 727