Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster Gas Leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster Gas Leak

Oooops...I meant daputz. Sorry about that!

Old 07-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster Gas Leak

lol....no need to be sorry.

The more you can yourself the fatter your wallet will be, shops and dealerships can expensive real quick.

How is the riding up in GB?

Old 07-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

Dusty Trails in Oconto Co. is in great shape. I've ridden it twice now and the trails are nice but not marked very well. There was standing water and mud holes to play in the last time I was there a couple weeks ago making it very interesting. I also recently rode, two weekends ago, on the Berma Trail in Marathon Co. just to get out. Smaller trail system but very well marked. Haven't been up to Kewaunee yet. Where do you do most of your riding?

Old 07-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster Gas Leak

For just screwing around I go to a friends farm that is in the area. Been to Dyracuse (by Wisconsin Rapids) a few times this year, or we head over to Clark county. When it's time to get away for a weekend or so, my buddies and I cruise to the Badlands or the LBL in Kentucky. This area of the state is pretty dead for public trails, hopefully that can changed!

Old 07-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

My dad hill climbed there for years before I was born. I now have a cousin that hill climbs there. I haven't ridden there. Is there a trail and a track or just a track? I'm originally from Rapids and travel back there quite often...I should make it to Dyracuse sometime. Haven't made it to Clark Co. yet.

I know it's getting to be a growing sport since snowmobiling is so few and far between good days to do it. Hopefully ATVing will catch on more and more of the snowmobile trails will open up to ATV use.

I'm heading to Bagley Rapids next weekend and taking my Blaster. Running from Suring up to Mountain with a bunch of friends. That's if I can get my floats unstuck this weekend when I take it apart. Wish me luck.

Have a great afternoon,
Nice chatting with you!

Old 08-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

Hey daputz....Great news! It took me about two hours but I stopped the gas leak. I took the carburatur apart six times but eventually found the problem. I was trying to avoid taking too mauch apart that I couldn't get back together. The more I took it apart the easier it got. I first found a small shredded piece of mesh fabric(?) in the gas line in which I removed. I put it all back together and the gas still leaked out of two of the three ports. Then the last time I took it apart all the way down to the float pin where I found a chunk of debris...god knows what it was? It was just black and gunky. That's what was causing the gas to stay open to all ports and leaking. I was very happy to have repaired the problem myself!

Thanks for your help and the service manual was right on!
Have a great day!
Sheila

Old 08-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster Gas Leak

Glad to hear you got the problem solved. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The mesh fabric could've come from the filters on the petcock. Might not be a bad idea to drain the gas from the tank and remove/inspect the petcock. You might also want to consider an inline fuel filter, they only cost a couple of bucks and easily splice into the fuel line.

Old 08-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

I'll be sure to check the petcock and filter associated with it. The in-line fuel filter is a great idea. I'm also replacing my air filter this week before I head to the trails.

Thansk for your input....have a great afternoon!