Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Feel like I just bought an '01 Rappy

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feel like I just bought an '01 Rappy

Well, Yamaha bent me over dry on this one! They are not going to stand behind my YFZ even though it was just completely rebuilt less than 20 hours ago. They say that is typical wear and tear to have a valve snap, to which I replied that I've had 2 strokes go longer with less wear and tear when ridden harder than I ride my YFZ. They claimed the valve snapped due to a revving issue, even when it's designed to rev and I have the stock rev limiter in. Well, I now know how all you 01 rappy owners now feel. Sorry to say that I will probably never own a yamaha again, just because the customer service and support sucks the big one!! It's also turned all my riding buddies away from Yamaha, and my buddy is selling his 03 raptor because of my troubles also. If only they knew the business they lost because they thought they were saving a few pennies! Just saying a fine farewell to being a yamaha owner, and thank you to those for great yamaha advice. And as for Yamaha...right here buddy, Read bet. the lines! * .!. *

Old 07-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that pudljumper. What are you going to switch to then?

Old 07-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear they bent you over how much did they take you for or did you just go somewhere else to have it fixed? i guess its like the saying goes if it has **** or tires its going to give you probmlems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. As a former '01 Raptor owner I don't think Yamaha will ever get another penny from me. Their utter reluctance to address the '01 Raptor transmission (and various other faults) left an extremely bad taste in my mouth. To say there's no problem with the '01 design and then magically change those parts for '02 would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I don't care how good the YFZ is, Yamaha lost a customer in me.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

ask yourself this...if any other company made something faulty that would cost them big $$$ to fix do you think they would do any different than yammy in this case?

Old 07-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
ask yourself this...if any other company made something faulty that would cost them big $$$ to fix do you think they would do any different than yammy in this case?
Yes. Look at the Predator

Old 07-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
Yes. Look at the Predator
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pudljumpr
*05 Prairie 700...many mods to come

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO

o well i guess, you have had back luck with your yfz.. ive had bad expirence w/ arctic cat quad.. but o well i guess.. so your gettin out of the sport quads? and goin to a UTE? i can see i think about it more myself everday.. but why a kawi? i guess the are good fast utes but idk.. just its a Kaw.. o well.. good luck with it jarrod.. how much you asking ofr the 450? trade for a warrior?

Old 07-30-2004, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

Before you give up, contact the Better Business Bureau and your State Attorney Generals office. Somtimes those agencies can get a company like Yamaha to react. Also, it will at least cause Yamaha the time to respond to your complaint. If they fail to respond to those agencies they can be fined. It will also help people with future claims to have a record of poor customer service by Yamaha. Remember you callingv leaving is one lost sale, alot of people with the same complaint =class action!!! Sorry to hear of your problem, but at least give Yamaha a parting gift for the time and hassle they have caused you.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

ohh man......seein this makes me want to almost change my mind about getting a YFZ....

-bLuRRRR27-

Quick Reply: Feel like I just bought an '01 Rappy