Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ATV Thief Proof Techniques, in other words how to make your ATV very hard to be stolen

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Thief Proof Techniques, in other words how to make your ATV very hard to be stolen

ATV Thief Proof Techniques,
in other words how to make your ATV very hard to be stolen
assuming you do not have a place such as a room or a garage to keep it in.

Can big chains be broken by theives.

What is more stronger than a chain to lockup your atv.

Please give your great ideas.

Thanks in advance, appreciate it.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default ATV Thief Proof Techniques, in other words how to make your ATV very hard to be stolen

Wire a shotgun up to it?

Old 08-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider

Bolt cutters will EASILY get through that! Kyptonite Check that baby out!

Old 08-02-2004, 06:04 AM
Trailblazer

Kryptonite New York FAHGETTABOUDIT Chain w/ New York Disc Lock costs $99.99

but I think even that can be cut thru

so what is best of the best techniques and equipments and tools and etc..

Old 08-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I always just break something internal and tear the engine apart so nobody will want to steal it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] LOL

If your going to use a chain that would be the thing to have, but nothing is 100%.

If it was me, and I parked my bike on a concrete floor (which I do), I would put an anchor bolt in the floor that will stick up through the frame in front of the engine, then cut a peice of 1/2" plate in a circle shape that will not fit through the hole in the frame. Then drill cross wise through your anchor and put some sort of receiver hitch lock through the hole. You just about can not cut one of those off with bolt cutters...I couldn't, but anthing is possble I guess.

The thing to remember is if they want it bad enough they can get it some how. BUT most thieves don't want any hassle, so if you make it a little difficult (or make it look really difficult) then they will probably move on to something more easily stolen.
Also I would NEVER leave my bike out in the yard for any length of time for passers-by to see. If they don't know you have it, they won't try and get it...again normaly.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

get some big dogs like german shephards or rotwiellers.all the nighborhood kids are afriad of her.
metalneck

Old 08-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

get a lock that has a motion alarm

Old 08-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

actualyl i have just thought of the best thing... u know the u hooks... on like beds the xpensive 1's that pivit.. well drill some of those into your cement floor.. wire up 2 shotguns.. 1 to haim high 1 to aim low... 1 way int othe place and 1 way out... if you're really desprite put ALOT of chain on it and tie tin cans and stuff to it so when they try to take it off of the quad it makes ALOT of noise

Old 08-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

you could just get good insurance and sleep a little easier

Old 08-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

BullPupp .223 caliber..........

Quick Reply: ATV Thief Proof Techniques, in other words how to make your ATV very hard to be stolen