Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior gone crazy?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 05:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior gone crazy?!?

alright, first off I have a 2000 yamaha warrior, some mods like a pipe, filter, and a jet kit. I didn't ride most (aprox. 8 months)of last year due to a new work schedule, so I changed the oil and parked it in my shop. Then in october I broke it out and decided to run it for a little bit when I went to start it up it just turned over never even once tried to fire. I checked to see if I had fire and did. Checked to see if I had fuel, did. When I finally did get it fired up it acted like the e-brake was on. checked the wires still connected and they were soldered together. still acted the same. talked to a few people and they said it was probably my stator of cdi box. to explain it a little better if I get it to idle its higher than it should be, and if I touch the throttle it backfires real bad and dies. If I get it to quit backfiring it won't idle. A list of things I have checked/replaced/serviced...airfilter, carberator, wiring and fuses, vacuum lines, fuel. If anyone can give a good idea on what the heck is going on with this stupid thing short of blowing it up I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior gone crazy?!?

check the gas line from the tank to the carb. The filter should be clear or close to see through. sometime when you let quads sit for a while with gas in them the gas will get bad and it will make that filter look rusty. if the filter is red or a rusty color then it is bad, and it may need a good carb cleaning. sometimes those gas lines deteriorate and they will eat themselves up and spit rubber chunks in your carb. this is a rare problem but it could posibly be. the filter could just be gummed up from sitting.

the reason why i think it could be this is becasue its happened to me before, i sat it over winter and it had gas in the line and it gummed the fliter right up and it turned it a rust color. i had a heck of a time getting it to fire that spring and after i did it didnt want to run, i changed it cleaned the carb and the petcock an it ran like new. just an idear!!