Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

have O5 raptor need help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have O5 raptor need help please

I just bought my 4th quad a 05 raptor i have had a 1999 blaster 2000 warrior and a 2002 raptor but i had to sell it right after i got it for a bunch of reason anyways lol. me and my friends are all getting back into it and i just found a great deal on a 05 raptor my other friend got a 01 raptor and my other two friends have 2003 banshees they have pipes jet kits and that kinda stuff but just bolt ons. i want mine to be faster without any motor work welll enternal work at least. Just bolt ons so what should i do i dont wanna see the back of the banshees. oh ya and the quad came with a yoshi slip on but its not on the bike just got it in the deal so is that any good or not? any help would be awesome

Old 11-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome, The Yoshimura slip on is a good but if you had the full system it would be alot better but what kinda riding do you do?

Old 11-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Red neck is right, if it had the header it would of been better. Another mod you could do is a Pro Design w/ a K & N. And if you want to get inside the carb for about $40, get a jet kit.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

I almost forgot, WELCOME to the forums!

Old 11-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider

Where, pray tell, can ya get a jet kit for a Rappy for $40?????
Bosch

Old 11-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yea,,,,Welcome,,,,,,,

Old 11-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

thank you for the response and welcoming to the forums. I do about half trail riding and about half like wide open riding at a place thats like the dunes but all coal. How much of a difference would it be if it was the full exhaust. can u get just the head pipe and use the yoshi slip on or no. so what it comes down to is exhaust jet kit and air filter. will it be faster than the banshees?

Old 11-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

yosh- no you cant add there head pipe to there slipon (diff. dia) yosh says the hp diff is about 2 hp more with there full system. as far as beating banshees i couldn't with full yosh, pro design k&n.yamaha gytr jet kit.no lid. when i put a stage one hot cam in its real close (some wins some losses) also i weigh 210# my friends with slipons, k-n, jets. @ 160# we are neck and neck. i highly recamend the jet kit the needles realy help.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bosch
Where, pray tell, can ya get a jet kit for a Rappy for $40?????
Bosch
You could, I haven't done it but I got a friend who bought his owned jets, and installed them hiself. So it's possible to that for that prize!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blingbling
as far as beating banshees i couldn't with full yosh, pro design k&n.yamaha gytr jet kit.no lid. when i put a stage one hot cam in its real close (some wins some losses) also i weigh 210# my friends with slipons, k-n, jets. @ 160# we are neck and neck. i highly recamend the jet kit the needles realy help.
That's always not true, if a banshee has the same mods, it should be really close. I have beaten banshees with the same mods, but once they get into their motor, they don't smoke me, but they beat me. It all depends in the rider.

Quick Reply: have O5 raptor need help please