Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New! Valvoline ATV 4 Stroke Oil...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New! Valvoline ATV 4 Stroke Oil...

Well I was out and about today picking up some new tools to tinker on the Raptor with, and while I was looking around I found Valvoline ATV 4 Stroke Oil. I got to reading on the label and it seemed to be a pretty good oil.

Valvoline Provides:

*Extreme Condition Performance: Thermally-stable formula maintains proper lubrication to protect engines under extreme conditions.
*Wet Clutch Protection: Optimal frictional characteristics for high torque, smooth shifting and proper protection of the wet clutch.
*Corrosion Resistance: Advanced additives help protect against water, depostis and other corrosive materials to keep engines clean.
*Maximum Horsepower: Proper additive balence for maximum horsepower.
*Minimal Wear: Increased anti-wear agents minimize wear from metal to metal contact.
*Shear Stability: Shear stable viscosity improvers better resist oil film breakdown.

Meets or Exceeds Manufacturer's Warrenty Requirements.
Using this Product will not void manufacturer Warranties.

Seemed like a pretty good oil, and was only $2.59 a qt. So I picked up enough to change the oil in the Raptor. Anyone have experience or see any reason this wouldln't be a good oil to run in a High Compression, High Horsepower, High Torque, Raptor?

Old 12-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Its been out for a few years. That what Ive been running. BUT I run the motorcycle oil 4-stroke Valvoline. Kinda the same. "suprior wet clutch protection" I have ran the atv oil also. Its good stuff and cheap. I usually run 20/50 and I just switched to 10/40.

Old 12-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

On the top of the label it says...

"High Temperature Performance"
"Superior Wet Cltuch Protection"

I guess the "NEW" logo's were because it was new to the NAPA I was in. LOL. Well it's good to know that someone else with a built motor has been running it. I picked up 10w40 as well.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

I ran that in my Ozark and I liked it. I also like the fact I could get it at the auto parts store. Never ran it in my Honda but I might try it. I don't think it could be any worse than running Hondas GN4.

Old 12-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Valvoline ATV Oil is the only oil I"ve been using for the past 2 years. Its never failed me, so I'm a believer!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The only problem is, its hard to find...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I just hit all the Autozones and Kragan Auto Parts stores in my area every other month and buy all they have. I've got a stockpile of 5 1/2 cases in the shop, so that should last me a couple months...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2004, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I am trying a all new set up on the oil change. New oil...with a additive...and new oil filter.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

i am currently using this full synthetic Bardahl Snowmobile Racing oil than i bought for $20 a litre [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] and my YFZ seems to like it. However this isthe hardest oil to find and have only saw it once in one place. Also is the Valvoline oil fully synthetic, if not i will not even bother..

Old 12-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

No, the valvoline is dino. Thats why I want to use it. I've tried an expensive synthethic (Mobil 1 MX4T) and the only difference I could tell for sure is it made my clutch slip...............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Ozark38, Mobil1 mx4t made your clutch slip??? I've been using it in my Kodiak and have noticed no problems. Isint it designed for wet clutchs and made for 4 stroke atv's? Everything I have read says it's the oil to use as far as wet clutch's and no friction modifiers?
Are you sure???

Old 12-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I agree too, Synthetic made my clutch slip up in one weekend. And also that might cause for a higher oil temp. Switched to Valvoline long tome ago and no more slippage.