Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Future of ATVing is here!! >> 250ex <<

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2000, 10:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just telling you the facts. Honda could have done better. Just the facts, so live with it!

Old 09-15-2000, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

I would have to disagree on the Blaster being a quad that younger beginner riders could handle. It is more of an entry level racer than a beginner rider's quad.

Old 09-15-2000, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

I am 31 and want one! why not a great running low maintenance , sporty looking atv for under 4000. you talk about only for kids i say allot of adults will want one. It is better than anything in the under 4 grand range. it isn't out yet so speed and what it can beat is null topic it can't be proven yet! it will be faster than a Recon , being 50 lbs lighter. i think it will be a fun , low cost and very reliable.

Old 09-15-2000, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer

This was originally posted to question Honda's new machine. Bottom line, they didn't need another fluffy 4-stroke quad when they already have the 300ex. They should have stepped all of the way down and made smaller ones for the youngsters to get into, and a big-bore 4-stroke to stay competitive. They could have made a bigger 2-stroke but that's not in their vocabulary anymore!!

This post has also turned into an age limit argument. I realize that there are experienced under aged riders that are more than qualified to ride the power machines, and have probably been doing it their whole life. But regardless if you are experienced or not,...if you are under age and you kill yourself on an ATV it will be heard and it will make a much greater dent in the sport than if you are of legal age to operate the machine. There are people out there waiting for this sh*t to happen so they can chalk it up with the rest and keep chipping away at our sport until ATVs are gone. It doesn't matter if you can ride like Seth Enslow.....if you are under age, that's the sh*t they care about, and it hurts the rest of us 10 times worse than it would with an operator who was of age. If 20 people get killed in a particular state in a year that are all of age, and 1 under age person gets killed, I will guarantee you that 1 under age death will make it all the way to the top of public safety while the other deaths won't even make it out of the state. I am not trying to be a weiner here, I am just pointing out the awfull truth of how it works.

Old 09-15-2000, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

not everyone wants or cares about going super fast. hell around here it is not even very do able the trails are tight and twisty , muddy and lots or rocks and roots. I hardly hit 30-35. around here to 250EX will be great.

Old 09-15-2000, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

blaster, being out of my mind I don't see your point. She ride a quad sport 250...

Old 09-16-2000, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

All you yamaha people with your banshee and raptor just wait till I get my 250ex. I am gonna make it full race just like my old breeze was. Extended A-arms, AXIS shocks, FMF pipe, bore that baby out, a race cam and piston, smaller head gasket for better compression, you name it. I will be running circles around those banshees in no time, just wait.
And on a serious note...no raptor killer this time around, everyone who wants a honda, lets start speculating for next year, maybe we can get our hopes up so honda can smash 'em again.

Old 09-16-2000, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

Hey TpnTX get a life. You have no fu@king idea what your talking about. 2001 Banshee hit the nail on the head. Honda is fu@cking up bigtime. They are to scared of a bunch of $ hungry jewish lawyers. So instead of tarketing true experienced high performance ATV market they are running scared making cute little no performance kiddie bikes. If Tpn Tx wants to sit there a defend this pitiful display of a supposively great corporation then let him. Because its idiots like him that keep Honda making $ off these poor excuses of performance ATV's. As for myself and other intelligent people will go where the performance and technology is and that happens to be YAMAHA. TpnTX have fun with your 250ex at the kiddie races.

Old 09-16-2000, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

I read every post in this thread. There’s been a lot of whining about Honda not producing a large displacement sport quad. While there is a market for something with Banshee power, it’s not as big as the market for the 250ex. A lot of people who are into quads have a Recon. Many of those people might have bought a 250ex had it been available when they made their purchase and I predict many people will buy the 250ex instead of the Recon in the future.

Most people aren’t buying quads to go fast, quite the opposite really. They are buying them to putt-putt along on trails to reduce the amount of hiking they would have to do without them.

If your intention is to go fast you’re probably much better off with a dirt bike. I admit quads seem better in sand but dirt bikes can do that too. If you must have a large displacement sport quad why not buy one from brand X. Does the Honda name on the side mean that much to you. Maybe Honda should buy brand X machines remark them and sell them to you at a 20% mark up.

Old 09-17-2000, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

what ever....tuff guy behind the keyboard.