Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Future of ATVing is here!! >> 250ex <<

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew it! Gore, Tree-huggers, and Honda! There all in this together. Low-powered, non-technical ATV's are the way of the future. Even his wife can drive this one! And what better way to convince and persuade everyone that this is the way to go by using Honda's big name and fame. Because remember "All Terrain Vehicles aren't just for people who want to have fun and enjoy living in a country that gives us the right to own and operate such wonderful toys, but rather ATVing is a family event,it should be for the kids too!!" I can see that disgusting slogan now! I say tuff!! They can all serve the 18 year sentence that we all did and then go buy one, and if you kill yourself on it then it's your own damn fault, not the trees, not your parents, and not the company who made it!

Sorry, I don't know where I just went but it was scary! I guess I just can't help but think that something awfull is going to happen like this to the sport of ATVing. And Honda being as big as they are and as well respected as they are, bringing that new 250ex into the market kind of scared me. Something or someone is holding them back, by future conditions that Honda may allready see! Surely they know how much they could make from a newly revised 250r. Other companies are starting to make those 250r race packages complete ready to go for $15,000, and they probably can't make them fast enough for the racers. Imagine what a standard, stock 2001 250r or a 650ex would do for Honda's rep! They know this but aren't acting for a reason! I am not saying all of this because I like Honda's, I have never been a Honda fan, I am saying all of this because they are a big, well known, smart Corp. with a massive consumer base and they just aren't acting like Honda normally does! That scares me!

http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/model...p/TRX250EX.htm

All I see out of Honda anymore is Low-powered 4-stroke crap! Dirtbikes, Watercraft, ATVs! They are crossing over and siding with the Tree Huggers people! Anyone from Minnesota? Does this look like a "Euphorian" future for us GLers or what? Garage Logic Rocks!!

"Yamaha you may now reduce thrust to cruising speed you are home free!!!!"

I am just venting here, if you would like to add please do so!

Old 09-14-2000, 12:23 PM
Range Rover

don't like Gore, don't love trees, do like honda. I would like to think that profit and market would have a much greater influence on Honda than an administration at least as it stands now. Looks like a pretty cool quad that will no doubt be a hit. If they can sell Recons as fast as they can make them why wouldn't the 250ex sell. "Dad can I have a 300ex?" NO you can have a recon though. Get the picture?

Old 09-14-2000, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

What a weak quad. Whoever thought this quad up should find another profession. I think I will trade my Banshee in right now for a 250EX, I will I handle all that power. What a waste!

Old 09-14-2000, 01:29 PM
Range Rover

I almost talked myself out of replying to this...almost. Dude do you really think they were targeting you or other shee-riders, 400ex, warrior(maybe some), or 250r etc folks... It's for very young people or women or people who could give a rats *** what your needs are but need a nice low tempered sport quad. Perhaps with some mods it can be a begginer racer or something. Narrow minded people...@#$@#$
later

Old 09-14-2000, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

That's just it they need to target the highperformance category because compared to what is out now the 400EX is a mild machine so why make one even weaker. There are already plenty of choices out there if you want a little displacement quad that is slow and has no horsepower. For the price that Honda has on this bike I would just go ahead and buy a Mojave at least it is liquid cooled and it is also as fast as the 300EX so I know it will easily out run the mighty 250EX, WOW! The Mojave is only $100 more and you get extra speed and horsepower so the choice is clear there is no need for another one of these quads. Come on Honda step up and unleash one of your big four stroke engines in a quad such as the 650EX, you will have all these Raptor owners selling their quads to be putting down payments on the 650EX. Maybe next time you will listen to yourself and not open your mouth because you are arguing a lost cause!

Old 09-14-2000, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

well one's thing is for sure, Honda makes money...dispite your opinions. I think it's funny some nobody in NC thinks they can out market McDonalds if given the chance.

Old 09-14-2000, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

1. If you hear "Dad can I have a 300ex?"----they're too young to drive one. If he was of age to drive one then he probably could afford to take out a loan on a new one or used one.

2. Refer to 250dude's post on ATV regulations and laws, there is a link in there to the ATV death rates from 1985 to 1998, (I think maybe it's '82) anyway, It plainly shows right there for the amount of deaths associated with ATVs for what ever the time was, was 3,400 or so and 35% of those deaths were kids under 16 and 17% were under 12.

My point, if you can't drive a car, you can't drive an ATV, snowmobile or other adult recreational toys unless there is a model made for children. NOT A 250EX!. What happened to the old days where kids stuff was 100cc or less?

That's the problem with people today. The parents are buying these machines because they think they are small enough for their kids and then their kid gets tangled up in a bad wreck, then they get P***** off at everybody but themselves, and the numbers go to the statistics, and then no more fun for anybody! People have to play by the rules or there will be no more. Once the government steps in and make laws about the power and safety there ain't no gettin' any of this sh*t back. We were lucky that back in 1987 it was only an agreement and not a law.

Old 09-14-2000, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

so do think the warnings on the quads represent realistic age limits? How does the number of kids killed on the roads(parents fault in a lot of cases) compare to the # killed on the dirt.
And I think a 13-14 year old who's got a good teacher (parent) can handle a 250 quad. But he can't handel a car or car loan.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

So I guess only Rocket Scientists come from Texas? I could tell as soon as you opened your mouth that you were a bright one. Anyways. Since the release of the Raptor how do you think Honda's sales are compared to Yamaha's? Let me answer that for you: not even close. There is a waiting line a mile long for these quads and Yamaha is selling these for about $7,000 a piece. The only quad Honda has worth that kind of cash is the Rubicon and I don't think, I know the demand for the Rubicon isn't as high as the Raptor. So is it finally sinking through your head. What I meant by saying this 250EX was a waste of a quad is if Honda would have came out with a true highperformance quad instead of a kiddie ride they could have increased their sales easily and took the hype away from yamaha and the Raptor. Did you get this time or do I need to explain it again. I guess you are surprised I bet you thought people in North Carolina couldn't type. Grow up man!

Old 09-14-2000, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

My nephew, he's six, has a 00 Suzuki 80. He's a good rider. He rides with me all the time. He's still learning and I'm still teaching. I took the throttle screw out a couple of months ago. When the time is right I let him get after it. When we trail ride, he stays behind me. He follows my signals and has a blast. I'm building memories that few kids get to build. Is he in harms way? Yeah I suppose to a degree but compared to what?

Quick Reply: The Future of ATVing is here!! >> 250ex <<