Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

If i pop the clutch..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If i pop the clutch..

ok, some questions from a noob:

when i start off, am i seposed to give little gas and let clutch out slow, so i don't pop a wheelie?
how do i pop a wheelie? ( i don't want to.. just want to make sure i don't"
when i first got it, i stalled it when starting off in 1st gear about 12 times, is this bad?

thx.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

give it a lil more gas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and it's not gonig to hurt it to bad when u stall it... and yes give gas and let out slowly just drive it like you drive a stick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
give it a lil more gas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and it's not gonig to hurt it to bad when u stall it... and yes give gas and let out slowly just drive it like you drive a stick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
^ Do that for the clutch

And to wheelie lean back and get your rpms up then pull up a little, gas it and learn to balance to the point of the back about a foot from the grab bar and get used to balancing the power. And also use the back brakes if you overpower the wheelie so you dont land on your azz lol..

Old 01-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Banshee392
Originally posted by: Speedy2222
^ Do that for the clutch

And to wheelie lean back and get your rpms up then pull up a little, gas it and learn to balance to the point of the back about a foot from the grab bar and get used to balancing the power. And also use the back brakes if you overpower the wheelie so you dont land on your azz lol..
if u wnana see soem videos of a warrior wheelieing look at my photopage

Old 01-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hey nice vids man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

you might want to give more gas as not to stall it. stalling it wont really hurt your motor it might be harder to start after you just stalled it. as for not popping a wheeling dont drop the clutch at high RPMs. just practice and it will become 2nd nature when you are riding.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the way i did it on my warrior was be in second and keep the RPM's up and lean back and pull and it usualy floated right up!Get thos stock tires off and it will help you get some more traction , I had mud sharks on mine , they were nice

Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: poopy
you might want to give more gas as not to stall it. stalling it wont really hurt your motor it might be harder to start after you just stalled it. as for not popping a wheeling dont drop the clutch at high RPMs. just practice and it will become 2nd nature when you are riding.
practice does make perfect when it coems to wheelies ... i mean in march i started and could barily get it up( in mroe ways than one) and now im doing 5 mile wheelies....