Growing up in the 30's-70's

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Growing up in the 30's-70's

Originally posted by: rescuediver

How about opening up the hood of your vehicle and actually being able to work on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

|
that reminds me of the 04mini van we rented this past week... i went to jumpstart our 1966 alice chalmers lawn tractor to plow snow and i couldn't get to the battery becuase of all the CRAP they put on there now... i mean yea im 15 and don't know much but i would rather drive in a car that i know what's going on and can easily work on it than some monstrocity where you can barily find the hood latch release

Old 01-28-2005, 08:18 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

street races..........against the police
Schoolhouse Rock
the first movie channels on cable tv. The little black box that got the Z Channel and ON. If you put it between channels just right you could see the nudie stuff. Hey, that was a boob!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Playing outside at night without fear of a drive-by shooting.
Watching Jaws opening night.... at a drive-in
Going to the drive-in alone..... only to have 6 friends jump out of the trunk once inside.
75 cent smokes.
Playing tackle football..........................in the street
Summer vacation--- leave at 7am to play and come back at 6pm....damn street lights!!!
Moms Station Wagon....Powder blue with wood grain sticker paneling!!!!
aw yes...the good ole days

Funny thing. One of my vehicles had to go in the shop for repairs so the dealer gave us a rental. I put my son in the back and I'm drivin' along and he says "dad what's that?" I say "what"? "This" he says. So I look back there and he's pointing to the manual window crank. I said "that's to roll the window down" He says "uhnn uhnn, where's the button to roll it down"? Poor kid didn't even know what a window crank was!!! Sorry.. but I thought it was funny.........

Old 01-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

great post wshrdskn

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: LTZevil400

Funny thing. One of my vehicles had to go in the shop for repairs so the dealer gave us a rental. I put my son in the back and I'm drivin' along and he says "dad what's that?" I say "what"? "This" he says. So I look back there and he's pointing to the manual window crank. I said "that's to roll the window down" He says "uhnn uhnn, where's the button to roll it down"? Poor kid didn't even know what a window crank was!!! Sorry.. but I thought it was funny.........
I was laughing out loud when I read this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and my 8 year old, asked "what are you laughing at?" when I read your post to her, she asked what a window crank is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Last time I had a vehicle with a window crank, my kids weren't around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Oldest is now 15[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]So, that was 17 years ago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

I remember being so proud of my avacado green transitor radio, and the only stations were on AM. On a good summer night, you could pick up the Cubs games in southern Ohio.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

jaws at the drive in. man, thats a flash back.
i got cought trying to get 3 people in the drive in with me alone in the car. what a stupid move. if i had known it now, my friend would of had a dress on, and tape over the beard, lmao!

trying to get out of the county before the police hit the lights. its bad, i know. times, they are a changing!
how bout square dancing in jym!!! some might still do it, but when i tell my kids about it, they laugh at me.

this one is scary, but platform shoes, and a boom box banging out disco.

dont know if it still exists, but junior achievment? i loves doing it!

last one... buying my first new car. and paying $5,995.00 for it. can anyone guess the car?

Old 01-28-2005, 10:44 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about wearing Hush Puppies and Wallabies from Kinney's Shoes?

Old 01-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the thanks, glad the post was enjoyable. A friend sent that to me in an email, I thought I'd share for those that hadn't read it before.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

man, kinneys shoes. you all keep bringing things back to me. the one pair a year i got, and would sit on the lifted area to try them on. man, was i cool sitting on the purple chair on the lifted stage area! lmao!

Old 01-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How about the rubber boots with the little clamps all the way up and down the boot?

FM receiver wired into the AM radio and mounted under the dash.

Quick Reply: Growing up in the 30's-70's