Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i cant find any dirt on the yfz are there any problems wit it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i cant find any dirt on the yfz are there any problems wit it?

i cant find no dirt on the yfz . i dont mean to be ragging on the yfz but i need to know the weaknesses of it so i can make a good choice on a quad do you get "yamathumb" or any thing else. plz help cause asking the honda guyz is a waste of time. this is my first new quad and i want it to be good.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Im switching from the Raptor660R to the YFZ 450. The YFZ is much lighter and more fun to ride. If your more into racing top end go for the raptor, if u want a little more jumps go for the YFZ 450

Personally i love the raptor and its torque for top end races and the YFZ for MX!

Old 01-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

You will get the normal responses about a hard seat and stiff throttle. These are probably the two biggest complaints on it. Personally, if I wanted a La-Z-Boy for a seat I would have bought a Cadillac instead of my Z. As for the throttle, I'm 35 yrs old and ride all day long with no complaints. I'm starting to think some of these kids look for something to gripe about.

You will find the front shocks stiff for trail riding. They are geared for MX. Ride it hard and you will appreciate them.

I've heard of a few people that have managed to crack or break the stock swingarm. I don't know if these guys are riding them REALLY hard on a MX track or what.

You will find the Honda to be a more all around ride. If you want to be in front, buy the Z.

Buck

Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

with the torque and high rpms of the 450 the natural problem would be the clutch and Swingarm??? how the hell do you do that.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of 04 models with problems, from blown engines to decompression plugs. The reports have died off, so I would guess the engine issues are fixed. I know the plug is along with some other small ones.

Old 01-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

the yfz is a great quad the only problems iv heard about it is the seat and other mechanical problems from 04 my bro has a trx and i think its oen of the best well rounded quad fer just about any terrain

Old 01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

04 has a bad decompression plug (10.00 fix)

05 fixed that as well as added a few trick pieces (ie shifter brake)

only problem i had was.....the battery on the 04 but that was all my fault (supposed to charge to like 13.6 n i charged it to 12 n let it die liek 5 times by accident)

Old 01-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Buy the YFZ.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

hey, i have a 2005 YFZ450-T, I have not had any problems with it at all and havent heard of any severe ones, the 2004's had a few bugs but they were quick to fix them. The only problems I have had is having too much fun... lol...

Old 01-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Theres a reason you don't find many posts about YFZ complaints [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

04's had the most problems, mainly decompression plug, seat, and front suspension. These still wernt heard of very often so they arn't HUGE problems. All these were addressed and fixed in the newer 05 model. Id say the front suspension and seat are more like "fixed", they really didn't put alot of effort into the improvements. The swingarm cracking was because people were riding them way to hard while MXing, I don't believe this was a manufacturing problem so it prolly wasnt fixed.

Quick Reply: i cant find any dirt on the yfz are there any problems wit it?