Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY SCAM realli funny

hahaha

PIMPEN ATV

not sure wat to think

is it just me or is all of ebay just scams half the pics looked like some one ran into someone elses back yard took pics of the quad and left

Old 02-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

that first one u put up ISN'T a scam.. that 2nd one... y would u do that?? that's worse than the warrior that was painted orange with 3 5" LCD's , a PS2, and dubs with the matching trailer(color and rims) that 3rd... hhmm looks like a pretty sick quad..

Old 02-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

i think just the middle one, the pimpin quad is a scam, the others arent..

Old 02-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

why sell a raptor lik that for soo cheap? it only 3500 w/ over that in parts

idk about that z-400 i wasent realli sre but if it wasent a scam it was a hell of a good deal

Old 02-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 770 engined flattrack built raptor with over a grand worth of wheels and tires with a buy it now price of 3800 and no one thinks its a scam???

The third one was probably a scam or a very dumb seller. The second one is just ridiculous, but the price tells me its not a scam, but only an idiot would buy it.

Old 02-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

me vinson581 being the die hard vinny fan i am, had a moment of crying, and then questioning, the thing is WHY please dont do that to a vinny, this guy deserved to be dragged out into the street and shot....... "sobs"

v581

Old 02-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
A 770 engined flattrack built raptor with over a grand worth of wheels and tires with a buy it now price of 3800 and no one thinks its a scam???

The third one was probably a scam or a very dumb seller. The second one is just ridiculous, but the price tells me its not a scam, but only an idiot would buy it.
i agree. i dont know how or why you would even do that to an atv? what are the 3 tv's for? that just stupid. where would you ride it? i mean come on!

Old 02-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

last week Ebay had a picture of an 05 660griz in camo, with a big snowblade on it, cushioned removeable rear bag, big tire, polished alum rims etc at no reserve. He was trying to tell people he was in the UK and had been transferred there, but his "agent" was taking care of the transer of the unit upon his approval for release here in the U.S. Initial payment had to be $500 wired immediately by American Express etc. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Some chump had bid it up to $4400....is dissapeared off the listings before the auction expired and EBay wiped all the memory of the unit out of their files. The same week...the same Griz appeared in the ATV TRader here in Michigan. There was a phone number and email address. I called the number and it was dosconnected. I emailed him at a yahoo address and he emailed me back telling me that "you may have noticed that my phone number has gotten disconnected...my employer quickly transferred me to the UK - I am selling this unit for the first $4400 or best money I can get as soon as possible, and I will pay for the shipping of $380 and it will be in the US within 48 hours of him receiving your payment wired via American Express." His English sucked....his punctuation and unfamilarity with the english language was quite obvious. You could damn near hear his accent through the email.
I emailed him back that I'm not a chump, that you can't even get an envelope through customs in 48 hours from the UK, and told him that his Nigerian school system needs some better teachers (or students) if he wants to try to scam U.S. citizens in the future (Hopfully he will not take my advice on that.....)
At any rate, don't fall for any internet sales if you can't show up with cash and pick the unit up. Try to find a relative in that area to inspect things...maybe another guy on these boards would go verify the existance of the unit for you. And heres the kicker....tell them you need the VIN number to get your loan in order and that you have to meet him at a bank near him to finalize the paperwork. I doubt you will get a VIn number from them...and if you do just go to your nearest secretary of state office and pay the $10.00 to find the registered owner of that VIN. Its cheaper than losing $500.00 wired to some scammer.....The old adage still applies "if it is too good of a deal to be true it probably isn't".......

Old 02-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i guess you never know when you will get the urge to play atv fury or something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]