Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Big Gun Exhaust System for a Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2000, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sup people? Hope everyone is doing fine.
I will start out by telling everyone what type of set up I have and where I ride. I ride in northern Arizona so the conditions are mostly dry and the dirt is hardpacked with the occasional sand dune. I have 20x11-9 Shredders that I just bought and am having put on the stock rims this weekend. I also went down one tooth from stock to compensate for the smaller tire.

I have a complete Big Gun exhaust system on order and a K&N air filter with the Pre-Filter. I also ordered the Stage 1 and 2 Jet kit from K&N with the Uni Vent Holes on the stock airbox. I have decided to leave the airbox lid on because in the summer it gets pretty dusty out where I ride.

I was just wondering how I should set the carb up(Main Jet) and if I should just go with what K&N reccomends. I would also like to find out what the best carb set up was for people in this forum that have the same mods that I do. The elevation where I ride is around 5,000 feet but does go down to around 4,000. I rarely go above 5,500.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, and I just want to add that I will be doing these mods myself and setting up the carb is the only thing that worries me.

Thanks again,

Old 09-22-2000, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Northern AZ huh? Hey look where I live! hehe Anyways....did you go down a tooth on the countershaft sprocket or the rear wheel? Cuz if you went down in tire size, you lose top speed, so you need to go UP a tooth on the countershaft like I did, or down a few teeth on the rear wheel sprocket! And I dont know about all this carb work, I dont see it helping out much at all! I have a White bros pipe and run a 132.5 main in Flagstaff at 7,000 elevation. Anyways....make sure you go up a tooth on the countershaft or down on the rear, and I wouldnt mess with the carb much, it wont help much!