Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should i buy a grizz??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i buy a grizz??

The only drawback to the grizz is lack of EFI. I've been beating the snot out of mine and have had no problems yet....I love it.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Any of the quads are going to be good. They will all perform to the level that you want them too more than likely as well. They should vary in price a little between them.

I like all of them, but there aren't enough major differences from one to the other that would persuade me to spend more than I had to on any given model though.

You don't NEED a 750 to pull oversized tires. People were putting 27" Vampires on 400 Honda's years ago and pulling them all day. Sure a 750 would turn them over more easily, but still not a necessity in order to go that route.

EFI is a nice breakthrough, but again no real NEED for it seeing that only 3 machines in the history of ATV's even have this feature, and they weren't out until last year. SP700,800, and King Quad. For me, EFI wouldn't be worth the extra money you have to pay to get it.

The Grizzly is a good machine. If you put them all head to head, it would come in last between the King Quad and Brute Force. But of course, its a 4 year old design and smaller than the others. I think you could probably buy one for much less than these others too so that would kind of offset this.

You're not going to go wrong either way you choose. But if it were me I'd personally go check every one out real hard to see which one I wanted, rather than go off what I heard on the forums. A lot of misleading information gets passed around here and burned into the ground. If that were the case, I'd never get a grizzly because they overheat and break axles, and I'd be under the idea that Kawasaki had a crap transmission. All Polaris's break down a month after you buy them, Arctic Cats are slow and no fun at all to ride, and Honda is behind in technology.

Its best to forget about all that crap and just find something you like that suits your purposes.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Have you ever seen the "Smiling Bob" commercials?
That is what I look like after a day of riding my modded griz. I walk away shaking my head going, " wow, I can't believe I own that thing".