Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yfz handlebar options

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz handlebar options

i have an 04 yfz450, and i am wanting to put a new set of handlebars on it.. i tweaked the stock ones, i really did not like the feel to begin with, they just feel a little awkward, they sit too low. i am having one heck of a time finding what i want for clamps/risers.. i DO NOT want to get an aftermarket stem, and i want to raise the bars about an inchOVERALL. i want to stay away from a bar that has a steep/deep bend. soooooooo......... what i am wanting to do, is get a set of tag t2's (cr high bend), and purchase a +2" rise clamp from ROX SPEED FX.... if anyone has dealt with rox, or any of their products, it would be a great help to me
sorry if something like this has been posted before or if i am unclear on this post..

Old 03-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Tag T2s with the Tag clamp for the YFZ. Comes in a kit from them. It raises the bars enough that I had to get a longer brake line in the front.

The Flexx bars are real popular right now in the MX scene. A little pricey for some, but a good bar.

Buck

Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks buck.. i called tag a few weeks ago, and the butthead that i talked to said that the kit does not raise the bars at all, but gives the quad a more "racerlike" feel.. needless to say that comment had me scratching my head..
*by the way, how tall is the new clamp, i mean how high does it raise the bar, and what style bend are your bars.. ive been thinking about the cr high bend for me.. thanks

Old 03-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

My bike is at my shop right now and I'm at home. I can't take a look at it so I can measure and answer your questions to an exact number.

I can say that the bars were raised at least 1.5" if not 2". The clamp that comes with the kit mounts on top of the factory clamp, that's why it sits higher. To be honest I didn't pay much attention to the bend of the bar when I ordered them. I just went to my dealer and picked out the kit in blue that was made for the YFZ. Just remember to buy the complete kit and you will get what you're looking for. These bars look awesome. All my buds that run TrailTech like mine better.....they just didn't like the price of mine compared to theirs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The Tags are a little more money.

Buck