Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs. 400ex shootout

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2000, 02:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for those who havent read it yet but just had to post. In the November issue of 4wheel atv action they had a shootout between the Raptor and the 400ex, and the RAPTOR won!! Well there you have it you see which quad is the superior one even on the MX track I quote from the magazine, "even on this tighter course, the Raptor prevailed. All of our test riders clicked off lap times faster from half a second to three-quarters of a second faster." Well now all of the 400ex riders cant say that the Raptor isnt going to be good on an MX track. And another thing I will quote from the magazine,"a newcomer to performance will be happy with the EX, an intermidate to advanced performer rider will be happiest with the Raptor. The Raptor is the overall better machine, and has the power, handling and everything else you would want.

99 Banshee

Old 09-28-2000, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the raptor can still loose to the ex on an mx track. it really depends how skilled the rider is.

Old 09-28-2000, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

True but equal riders on both atv's the Raptor will win. It is alreasdy showing on some of the posts the Raptor beating the EX, it only took a little time for guys to get used to them. I personally saw a Raptor quite handily beat and EX as it should.

Old 09-28-2000, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

What about the ds? Where was it? Did they do drag races by the way?

Old 09-28-2000, 04:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ahhh...drag races...just what I expected. The only thing to grasp to for you to think your quad is superior. Keep your fingers crossed...hopefully you will get good news so you can go out and wax 'ol yeller.

Old 09-28-2000, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

So half a second difference on a lap?? Not bad....for the 400EX. I think that article says more for the EX. 660 vs. 400. I'm not bashing the Raptor (wish I had one), but that's like a Camry bearly getting beaten by an Acura NSX...we know who should win...but the Camry was only beat by a length?? As an example of course. Good to know, Thanks ruffryder.

P.S. ..did you see the latest Motor Trend magazine?? They say the Neon is better than the Vette. I guess what ever the mags say are true. (yet another bad example)

Drew.

Old 09-28-2000, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea well I knew sombody like you would come on here and say that crap about beleiving a magazine, whatever you want to say just face it the Raptor is better than the 400ex and I wanted to post this especially to see what 400ex owners and Honda lovers would say. Now do I believe everything magazines say? No, I just wanted to post what the magazine said, but what I believe is the Raptor is better than the 400ex, and who gives a rats *** about Motor trend magazine I wasnt talking about that. Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 09-28-2000, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers ruffy. I complimented you on your post. Good info. Like I said I wasn't bashing anything, you don't need to take anything personal..shessh. I was using Motor Trend as a poor example. It's people that say "Look, Dirt Wheels say the Rubicon (or fill in the blank) is the 'New King' so it must be, that I don't get.

Have a nice day

Old 09-28-2000, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

it's Great that the Raptor Beat it stock vs. Stock. But a 3/4 second difference is not very much. I Raced my friends Full race 400ex ($12,000 invested)on Blacktop last weekend. He beat me by 2-3 lengths in a approximately 200 yard drag rolling start. When he shifted into 5th, 3rd gear was just winding out on my Raptor, I just shifted to 4th when we let off, And i was catching up. I would definetely have passed him, cause I had the rest of 4th and all of fifth to go. But I think my new sprockets will help alot.

Old 09-28-2000, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

The raptor won i wouldn't have expected that. Like padzz said it is a 660 vs. 400. It is twice as big if you guys want bragging rights try it against the ds 650. I am not bashing anyone but I don't think the raptor beating the ex is anything unexpected to me anyways.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs. 400ex shootout