Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Got me a new Raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me a new Raptor!

.............I traded in my 400EX for it cause I want to hang a little better with my buds who have Predators...................and so far it ain't going to cut it. This thing is kinda slow. I think my EX would have took it..............I only have a few hours on it so I'm sure the motor is still a little tight but I'm hoping for quite a bit more. You guys think she'll pick it up? Man, I hope so. I'm suppose to ride with the Preddys this weekend and I don't want to get too embarrassed.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

ur kidding em right? the rappt hits upper 70's stock.. and if urs in brand new.. u gotta wait 2-3 oil changes for it to fully break in. Just now it is breaking in, you won't get the maximun performance ur looking for.. lol.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

I'll break it in this weekend.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I can tell it got a little faster just by the end of the day. I'm not pushing it too hard.......YET! But I know I'll be pushing it more this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I really like this quad. I'm already looking at mods........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

I have had my '05 Raptor for about 8 weeks now and have changed the oil once. After about 10-15 hours of riding. I have about 50 hours on it now and it has gotten A LOT faster. It has topped at about 80mph. Trust me, that thing will get faster but the Preds will still have you in the long run, but not by much. Enjoy it, there a blast.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Cool!...........Thanks. Thats what I needed to hear. Come to think of it, the Predators were kinda slow too when they were new.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CT makes a good pipe for the raptor.Get rid of the air lid.Get a prodesign air filter kit.I'd get the one with the K&N filter.IT WILL HAVE TO BE REJETTED!That is very important.Ask them for proper jetting.It should easily smoke the predators.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

You will love it once you break it in, just make sure you don't get impacient and try it all out this weekend, best to let it break in good, and then it will last you, a long time and have good power.

MIke.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

OMG!............What have I done? Sorry Yami guys but this things a P.O.S. After just two hours on the trail this thing already has more carnage on it than my 400EX had after a year and a half of pounding it on the very same trails. I have dents (BIG DENTS) on the lower control arms and frame as well. I was bottoming out on just 3ft. jumps. They call this a trail quad?.................I want my 400EX back!...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Good thing I had to call it an early day after just two hours cause of a gash that ruined a front tire. I had tougher bolona skins on a sandwich............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:tisk tisk tisk:

Old 04-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

I know man. Too late for me to cry about it now. I'll just deal with it I guess but let me just go on record saying...."I'm REALLY going to miss my 400EX"..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Got me a new Raptor!