Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

this is a crazy story!! but no atv shooting sorry

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is a crazy story!! but no atv shooting sorry

So Iam riding down this trail by my home just cruzing along minding my own business and a long stretch of trail appears before me so like anyone would I gun it and as I approach the upcoming curve I slow down and down shift and as I do a deer jumps across the trail and so I look over at it to watch it as it runs through the woods and as I look back SMACK right in my grill a second deer jumps across the trail nope the four wheeler with me on it and so it knocks me off and I land flat on my back in lots of pain and the four wheeler dies and never hits tree thank you God and so that is my crazy story and to give it a happy ending The Deer was not injured in the accident

Old 04-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

good thing bambi wasn't injured or some tree hugging hippies would be hunting you down right now....How did you fall on your back? If you hit the deer and came to a sudden stop shouldnt u have gone over the handle bars???? Any damage to the quad?

Old 04-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

The Deer jumped like over the handle bars it didnt hit the deer with the front bumper with the remark "grill" I was talkn about it being all up in my face and thats how it knocked my off the back and the four wheeler was in grear so with me being unable to hold in the clutch or push the accelerater... it died and yes the deer was ok so back off hippies

No there was no damage to the quad thankfully when it died it made it slow down enough to not do any kind of damage

Old 04-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

I was flying down a rode once and aa deer jumped in front of me and tried to run forward in front of me and I cliped him in the hind legs and rear end as he was changing path directions. It was a shocker jsut seeing that thing jump in front of me.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

yea it was kinda unexpected for me as well I might have been able to hold on if I wasnt in shock lol

Old 04-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer

Man that has to be the longest sentence I ve ever read. Breath dude breath. Glad you werent hurt.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

that happened to me.. I was in Bloomington,IN 2 years ago gonig through a trail at the top of a ridge and i was cruisin along in about 3rd and the weeds down there are just god aweful.. taller than me when i'm standing on my quad on both side and some i nthe trails... so i;m cruisin along and all of the sudden a deer jumps out and i hit it in the hips and it flys off it;s feet. it DID dent my bumper.. lets hope my frame isn't bent.