Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New and Improved '06 Models from Yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and Improved '06 Models from Yamaha

Originally posted by: BAMA250R
I spoke with my Magazine Editor friend on Friday. He told me that Yamaha has several new ATV models this year and has upgraded several other ATV models significantly. Of course he would not get specific with me, citing his confidentiality agreement with Yamaha. He was only saying that this year (2006), Yamaha has really out done itself. He says I won't be disappointed! We will all know after the Yamaha Dealer show on June 11th! I can't wait. I love this time of year. Go Yamaha (and introduce a Big Bore Wolverine)!
second on the Big Bore Wolverine!!! or a Rapter 660 4X4

Old 06-06-2005, 06:52 PM
u
Trailblazer

I was told a Raptor 700

Old 06-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

just like any other year...not much will be from Yamaha..maybe some little improvments. and graphics. thats all. dont get to excited

Old 06-06-2005, 07:32 PM
TPR
The Champ

I think Maddog didn't get what I was saying. Instead of going the route of C-Dale, make it a situation where you have to order and wait for it to be built. Heck, perhaps they can get several "preferred aftermarket suppliers" that they test and approve their arms, swingers and stems. The buyer checks some boxes, and either purchases or finances the quad. That way the dealership doesn't get stuck with the C-Dale Moto's already built without a $10,500 quad audience so they are forced to take a bath on it.

TPR....

Old 06-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: u
I was told a Raptor 700
Who told you about a 700 Raptor?

Old 06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

i heard that rumor to about the 700 raptor too.from what i am hearing from a fellow racer is a xc and a mx version of the yfz 450.a true 450 has the wr crank motor.11cc not going to make it that much faster but should have some torque. thats when asked him about the asked him about the aluminum frame ???.then he said he couldn't say anymore about it or he might not get his new yfz450,he stoped talking about it.he is stoked about it though.i don't know what to think about the aluminum frame thing after i asked him that.kind of make me think maybe they will.i know that suzuki 450 is going to be badass.sounds like the yamaha is steping up now too..honda the ball is in your court, better get with it

Old 06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

The cc limit on the pro gncc class is 525 so a raptor 700 wouldn't be able to be raced for xc, besided the yfz would beat it.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: coryatver
The cc limit on the pro gncc class is 525 so a raptor 700 wouldn't be able to be raced for xc, besided the yfz would beat it.
That is only the pro class.

YFZ=EFI
Grizz=800 carb

Old 06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
I think Maddog didn't get what I was saying. Instead of going the route of C-Dale, make it a situation where you have to order and wait for it to be built. Heck, perhaps they can get several "preferred aftermarket suppliers" that they test and approve their arms, swingers and stems. The buyer checks some boxes, and either purchases or finances the quad. That way the dealership doesn't get stuck with the C-Dale Moto's already built without a $10,500 quad audience so they are forced to take a bath on it.

TPR....
You're right, I didnt fully understand what you were saying. But I think that idea is even less plausible than copying cannondale's approach. Its fine when you are talking about adding options on to a 20-50k dollar vehicle, but a 7k dollar atv is a different story. I dont know where to start, but the costs would be phenominal to both the consumer and the manufacturer. Plus you would have to have quite a few floor models in stock for those who didnt mind taking one off the showroom floor or wanted a bike now. But the costs for both parties would just be so huge that it wouldnt be a smart decision for anyone. The manufacturer would have to start making all sorts of new parts with all kinds of up front machining costs above and beyond that of a new bike, then they would have to warranty them and it would end up costing the consumer more than if they were to buy similar aftermarket products. Copying cdale would be a better route.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:19 AM
Range Rover

ok lets just say yamaha did make the YFZ a true 450...how much more expensive will it be from the 05's? cuz i can get a new 05' YFZ for $6295. which seems pretty good to me. and that was a few months ago... after this weekend it might drop to as low as $6000. how much will the 06' be?

Quick Reply: New and Improved '06 Models from Yamaha