Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hit Ditch at 60 MPH and Walked away.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit Ditch at 60 MPH and Walked away.

i had alot of times when i hit ditches and jumps with gaps i flew over my handlebars and slamed into the ground this one time not to long ago i was on a 3 wheeler going up a long hill and i had it 3rd pinned and hit a bump n the whole thing started to shake and i knew i was going off i flew off and the 3 wheeler landed on me my hip was bruised for a week

Old 07-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear your ok

Old 07-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 2phast4u
when i had my lt 230 i was racing my friend around his track and i went to go over the whoops and the rear shock bottomed out and when i hit the second whoop i went flying ova the bars and the quad rolled right over my head (was wearing a helmet
Those lt230 were they a 2 or 4stroke.i neva new much about them.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

The throttle is your friend![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

couple of weeks ago me and a friend was riding at the track and there was this double and it had a kicker at one side that we had been dodging allday, and i told my g/f and friend that i was going to make one more lap and we could go. so i came into the curve swung to wide hit the kicker and it stood straight up and i knew i was screwed i was trying to decide to jump off or stay on, but i landed and it bounced me over the handlebars thought it broke my leg cause my foot was under the foot peg and my leg was on top of the handlebar. g/f was recording but when i landed u can see me go over then she took the camera off.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

last winter me and my buddy where riding two up on his rappy and his cousin was on a bayu300 4x4 there was about a foot of heavy snow on the ground and the bayu was going fine through it all. We decided to go through this field but we had to go through a big ditch we tried once on the rappy and didnt make it, now the bayu went through fine so we went to follow his tracks and got some speed to go through the ditch we where in about third gear and hit this thing it sent us flying quad and all i flew right over my buddy and smashed his throtle with my knee (when i say smashed i mean i broke apart the whole throtle). lucky for us we landed in a drift so no injuries just thought id share that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: SlueFoot
I hit a ditch pretty fast on a honda recon once and whilst flying over the handle bars I slammed my nuts on the front master cylinder...very painfull....first thing I did after I got up was drop my pants right there to see if my jones where still there.....bruised for like a week and a half.....
ROTFLMAO...I pictured that in my head......NOT THE PART ABOUT YOU DROPPING YOUR PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see you flying... lololololololololololololololololoolololoololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo l
***** to the wall...or in your case to the master cylinder Nah j/k
Glad your aight though......

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Six2notScaredofU
Went To Rocky Ridge Sunday had a great time UNTIL: My Riding Buddies and I were Drag Racing and My shee Ran like Crap Kept Bogging Down Real Bad. I went back to where we were Parked to Try to Fix it. Come to Find out My air Filter was Very Dirty. So i Cleaned it as best i could. Then i was Testing it out in a Area i wasn't Familar with. Me and my Buddy started Drag Racing. On the First Run I Smoked Him Real Good so we Turned around to Run again. I Smoked him again But i Didn't See this Ditch it was about Knee Deep and about 6Feet across. I was about 15 Feet From the Ditch when i saw it. Only thing i thought to do was Get as far Back on my Shee to keep the front Wheels up. They made it Across then when my back tires hit, it Launched me and my Quad about 15 Feet up and 15 to 20 Feet Over. my Buddie said i looked like Robbie Knevil when he Wiped Out. It Knocked the Breath out of me and Messed up my shee Pretty good. Mainly just The Handle Bars and The front lights. all i got was a Bruised Hip, Messed up Shoulder and Lots of OFF Road Rash LOL. But i was able to Start it up and Ride it Back to My Truck. So How was Your Day? LOL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! you won...

lol, glad to see that your ok, any more importantly... your shee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

amen