Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2004 kodiak need parts (crashed) and water in rear diff?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 kodiak need parts (crashed) and water in rear diff?

Hey everyone I've got 2 questions. First I am looking for some where to get parts for a good price my 13 yr old crashed the Quad into a rock and tree she is ok dove off just a little road rash helmut did its job. But looking for 2 new rims, a lower control arm, tie-rod, front bumper, The stock bumper is about $140. (think i am goingto put on a Waren steel bumper) thats all I have found so far. Am I better getting oem parts or aftermarket? I want the rims to match and not spend a fortune. Second question every time I check the rear diff it is milky I am getting water in from somewhere. Some of the trails we ride have brooks/rivers to cross mabey 2-2 1/2 feet deep only got water into the tranny once and haven't been throught there again. The quad only has about 400mi. on it any ideas I don't see any oil leaks on the seals? Thanks for any/all replies. Ride hard Stay safe!

Old 07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 kodiak need parts (crashed) and water in rear diff?

Check out ebay for the parts. You may have to keep going back, because it changes daily.
Is the vent line on top of the rear diff still attached, and leak free? It winds its way up to the snorkle, under the seat at the back of the gas tank. If its milky, make sure you change it, and maybe leave the drain caps off, for a while, and let it dry out before adding new oil.