Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

can you believe its over?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you believe its over?

well i have decent knowledge, and can tell u the 450r isnt even close to $8000. the kit is only 300 bucks. it has a cam, different jetting, air box lid, and a different end cap for the silencer. i can also tell u the banshee was made since 86 as an 87 model. great engine? a 350 twin 2 stroke better be even if dinli made it. that piped banshee will also get beat by a piped zilla, which i think is the fastest quad with just bolt ons

Old 07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

ive seen yfzs get a 7-8 hp gain, which is what a banshee usually gets. i think 10 is pretty rare

Old 07-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
well i have decent knowledge, and can tell u the 450r isnt even close to $8000. the kit is only 300 bucks. it has a cam, different jetting, air box lid, and a different end cap for the silencer. i can also tell u the banshee was made since 86 as an 87 model. great engine? a 350 twin 2 stroke better be even if dinli made it. that piped banshee will also get beat by a piped zilla, which i think is the fastest quad with just bolt ons

Now I could feed some words back to ya.... (in one of your previous posts) but I wont. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Havnt you heard of the Yamaha RZ350? Search and learn, my friend.

And yes, the piped banshee MIGHT be beat by a piped Zilla... depending on the condition of the Zilla. (read: if its broken down or not and if its even running worth a damn)
You see, I owned a Zilla too.(see avatar picture) Stock, piped, and highly modded, as a matter of fact and I can tell you that although they are quick when highly modded, they are OK when stock or near stock. Not the SCARY beast people make them out to be... trust me. Lots of torque, yes indeed. I also ride a KX500, which makes much more power and torque than the Zilla motor, with obviously way, way less weight... and it doesnt break down. EVER. We need the KX500 motor in a nicely suspended quad frame. That would be amazing.

Bottom line IMO, I love all quads and bikes new and old. I respect the new bikes for the great technology, but hate them because they are getting expensive.
I LOVE the older 2 stroke quads, and I love the banshee for its power and limitless mod-ability. In the past I have owned 2 400EX's, an 86 250R, Zilla, ect, and I dont have any problem with the banshee's suspention. It has the same travel as the 400EX and R. (~8 and ~9 inches) I also love that I paid 3200 for it in GREAT condition, with FMF pipes,UNI filter, aluminum thumb throttle, full sets of dirt and sand tires on alum wheels.

Its a great time to be into this sport, thats for sure.