Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700R "First Test Result"

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700R "First Test Result"

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27 I'll bet that Craycraft Raptor hauls the mail I'd be interested in checking that out as well . I don't think my basicly stock 700R will have anything for it.
I've never seen a Craycraft in person and that build will be in the future for my 660R, so it'll be interesting to see one run.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Originally posted by: RoostItUp
Sweet, I'm actually planning on meeting the PSAR guys this next month down at florence. I'm gonna have my 686 Craycraft Racing Rappy, YFZ 450, and my g/f's 700R. Happarap seemed interested in seeing how my Rappy runs so I decided to bring it down and show people. Sounds like were gonna have some good races! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'll bet that Craycraft Raptor hauls the mail I'd be interested in checking that out as well . I don't think my basicly stock 700R will have anything for it. Look forward to meeting you at florence.
Take it easy,

Randy
It's definitly fast, but there's a reason I'm selling it for the YFZ that I'm riding now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They trade wins all the time, but I actually think the YFZ is consistantly faster. I like the idea of having a stock engine that kicks butt on my built Rappy! After all the crap I've dealt with from building up engines It's nice not worrying about things breaking everytime you go for a ride for once lol. Even though my Rappy has 10 more HP than the YFZ, the YFZ is still faster and has a MUCH more thrilling powerband!

Old 09-11-2005, 02:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27 I'll bet that Craycraft Raptor hauls the mail I'd be interested in checking that out as well . I don't think my basicly stock 700R will have anything for it. Look forward to meeting you at florence.
Take it easy, Randy
It's definitly fast, but there's a reason I'm selling it for the YFZ that I'm riding now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They trade wins all the time, but I actually think the YFZ is consistantly faster. I like the idea of having a stock engine that kicks butt on my built Rappy! After all the crap I've dealt with from building up engines It's nice not worrying about things breaking everytime you go for a ride for once lol. Even though my Rappy has 10 more HP than the YFZ, the YFZ is still faster and has a MUCH more thrilling powerband!
I would think the Craycraft would beat up on the YFZ, that leads me to believe the 700R would be dusted by a stock YFZ, they're gonna be some very interesting racing at Florence. One thought though, some of the quads will have to be running quiet cores for the db levels which will affect performance and may cost a pony or two.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, I know, it will be interesting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ....now that I think about it I'm not very impressed with the 686. Don't get my wrong though, it's very powerful, just doesn't have the top end like the YFZ does. I think the weight is a big part of it, but I'm definitly more happy with the YFZ's power output forsure.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: RoostItUp Ya, I know, it will be interesting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ....now that I think about it I'm not very impressed with the 686. Don't get my wrong though, it's very powerful, just doesn't have the top end like the YFZ does. I think the weight is a big part of it, but I'm definitly more happy with the YFZ's power output forsure.
Speaking of weight and racing, that'll be a big issue for the PSAR gang at Florence, the average weight of all the guys racing combined, weighs in about 230, our lightweight's around 180 and the heavyweight's around 300, but I'd say the majority's over 210, makes a huge difference putting a heavy guy on a fast quad racing a light guy on a slower quad, balances out the difference in quad performance, if you know what I mean.

Old 09-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well guys thanks for the congrats, and its not to hard to beat the shee on this 700R, shee has good power. But can't deal with the newby. OH 1 thing i forgot to mention was i never felt the power like that on any machine. It feels like it has the power and kick in the pants feel of a 2-stroke.... And the part about the speedo being off in my wifes car, its not, we recently paid a ticket for her speeding through town. She was doing 65 and the radar gun said 65 so i figure very accurate. I just picked up the new Dirt wheels and noticed it said that the Top of the 700R is 75, sorry they don't tell the truth because of the speed law of a stock atv, and a shee will do 79 right off the show room floor, and the 700 wll beat it off the line and pull till the end. On a 660R the fell is great, but no comparison to the new 700, my friend has a 660 with a Pro Circuit full pipe, K&N filter, jets, and 1 tooth larger front sprocket and wil eat that machine in all gears and on top...... i have a friend that wants to race me on his 05 450R, with a Curtis Sparks full pipe, jetted, and mod air box... I am gonna eat that boy for breakfast.... So like i said these are my opinions. And I live in MS, at a lower sea level, than most other places so it works great here. At higher sea levels its not as fast nor powerful. My cousin has a full Yoshi piped Z-400 with gps on it, he runs 75mph according to the GPS and i pass him pretty quick on top..... C-you guys later........

Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

i want 1

Old 09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Air
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 420Pimp
i want 1
And you should. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 06Rap700R
Well guys thanks for the congrats, and its not to hard to beat the shee on this 700R, shee has good power. But can't deal with the newby. OH 1 thing i forgot to mention was i never felt the power like that on any machine. It feels like it has the power and kick in the pants feel of a 2-stroke.... And the part about the speedo being off in my wifes car, its not, we recently paid a ticket for her speeding through town. She was doing 65 and the radar gun said 65 so i figure very accurate. I just picked up the new Dirt wheels and noticed it said that the Top of the 700R is 75, sorry they don't tell the truth because of the speed law of a stock atv, and a shee will do 79 right off the show room floor, and the 700 wll beat it off the line and pull till the end. On a 660R the fell is great, but no comparison to the new 700, my friend has a 660 with a Pro Circuit full pipe, K&N filter, jets, and 1 tooth larger front sprocket and wil eat that machine in all gears and on top...... i have a friend that wants to race me on his 05 450R, with a Curtis Sparks full pipe, jetted, and mod air box... I am gonna eat that boy for breakfast.... So like i said these are my opinions. And I live in MS, at a lower sea level, than most other places so it works great here. At higher sea levels its not as fast nor powerful. My cousin has a full Yoshi piped Z-400 with gps on it, he runs 75mph according to the GPS and i pass him pretty quick on top..... C-you guys later........
Is this 700 of yours stock? If so, your results seem a bit off. Also, this engine doesn't even come close to feeling like a 2 stroke, it's prolly the furthest from it. Raptors make all their power in the midrange and they have a VERY broad powerband completly opposite of a 2 stroke...it's a torque monster!

Old 09-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 06Rap700R
Is this 700 of yours stock? If so, your results seem a bit off. Also, this engine doesn't even come close to feeling like a 2 stroke, it's prolly the furthest from it. Raptors make all their power in the midrange and they have a VERY broad powerband completly opposite of a 2 stroke...it's a torque monster!
i second that

Quick Reply: Raptor 700R "First Test Result"