Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pictures on Brochures/ Websites

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures on Brochures/ Websites

How come on all the manufactures web sites and all their brochures they never show picture of quads getting air? They just show them taking corners and such. But if you look at the pictures of dirtbikes it shows them getting pretty big air and even getting sideways sometimes. Why is this? Saftey reasons? I dont completely understand. Its the same in all the brochures... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Thats a good question strongtyerYFZ. I dont know for sure, but I would guess its because quite a few dirt bikes are made specifically for racing. And the majority of quads are made for recreational purposes.

It will be interesting to read other responses.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Jumping is considered obusive on a quad. Try and get warenty work done on a damaged quad and say it occured while jumping. Dirt bikes are made to jump. Their suspension and pivot points are reenforced to handle the preasure of jumping.
If they show a picture of a quad like the YFZ450 jumping it would imply that it is reenforced to withstand the impact and damage caused by jumping would have to be included in warenty work.

This is just my opinion.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

That is a great observation! I want to say that the market is different from quad to motorcycle and that their brochures reflect the interests that appeal to each, but WTF do I know? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Suzuki did have the tv ad with the Z400 jumping off the helicopter platform, but other than that I can't recall any air ads.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Range Rover

Even though the dirt bikes and quad markets are closely related, the quads are generally considered safer by the public. Most people consider flying through the air as dangerous. I'm sure it's some BS like that which was thought up by some overpaid advertising executive.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Suzuki did have the tv ad with the Z400 jumping off the helicopter platform, but other than that I can't recall any air ads.
Yep, then they had massive frame problems the same year (03).

Old 11-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well look at the yfz. You cant tell me its not advertised or not built as a "race quad." I'm pretty sure the stock suspension would be a little softer if it wasn't intended to jump. Yes, I understand that dirtbikes are usually made FOR racing but I don't think its any safer to jump on a dirtbike because of it. How much better are their pivot points reinforced for jumping and why can't quads be so reinforced? Bikes will probably always have better suspension because their geometry allows for more suspension travel and plus they are just made with better shocks off the showroom floor, right?

So yamaha has pictures of people racing around corners etc. etc. but do people actually asume there are no jumps on the track? Theres jumps in the backround of one picture. Just doesn't make complete sense. Suspension, whether on bike or quad, is obviously made to withstand some type or level of jumping. I wonder if pictures of people jumping would actually increase the amount of people that get hurt that year. I think you would see similar, or porportional numbers, with dirtbikes as well.

Anyways, its really not a big deal at all. Just was an observation I had and like mywifesquad I thought it would be interesting to see everyones replies. Keep em coming![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56

Kind of ironic, I wonder if anybody went to the mailroom after that one..

Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: maddog56

Kind of ironic, I wonder if anybody went to the mailroom after that one..
It wouldnt surprise me. I remember people talking about that ad here, then complaining about how their frame was tweaked from a collision-free trail ride...