Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I think I have a T.O.R.S. problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I have a T.O.R.S. problem

I was riding my shee this weekend and a weird thing happend. The bike starting running a little funny, and when I would let off the gas it would kinda of not really idle down the normal way, but stay reving. Then I stop and start checking to make sure my cable aint binding and other things. All looked fine to me so i figured maybe one of the carb slides was maybe hanging up a little. So I start it back up and blirp the the throttle a little bit to see how it was working. Then it starts running funny again and even poped out the exhaust. What was really weird was the now i just have to barely move the throttle and she starts revving up...like i'm not even moving the throttle enough to make the cable move, just the little free play in the throttle is all i have to move it for it to rev up. I know tors has metal contacts inside the thumb throttle so I think the problem is in the tors system itself. Can anybody help me with this? is it something simple?, can u unplug the tors without actually removing it??

Old 11-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

You can unplug it, but you will have to jumper the one section of wiring harness. I eliminated the TORS on my old 93 Banshee years ago, when i put a twist throttle on it and standard carb caps. I started it up and as soon as i gave it gas, it killed the bike. By jumpering the one connector, the bike would operate. So many years ago, i dont remember more specific instructions.

Toomey Racing seems very knowledegable about Banshees, and has lots of stuff on their website. www.toomey.com I believe.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Range Rover

Where the throttle cable splits into two,try wiggling it while the bike is running and see if idles back down to normal.The throttle cable on mine has messed up at the splitter before.