Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005 | 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

Holy sheep dip! I step away for a few minuts to BS with a Friend on the phone and come back to this. You guys crack me up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

This is getting to intense for me, you guys have fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005 | 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: midnite
This thread has 134 replies. 58 are from 135boom. Wow man, that has to be some kinda record.
I am bored, what can I say....ha ha ha ha. I just like bringing up valid points. Bring up the otherside to things. People's reactions are interesting. yfz/700, both great quads, and if you have one or the other, or both, I am sure your happy!
You can make them both faster than each other.........its just I feel the yfz has the advantage from the getgo. I am going to through some money at the 'ol 700 though, and wake that beast up!!!!

Old 12-16-2005 | 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warwgn
dont care which bike your for, doesnt matter, what have you done to give yourself credit???
Well, if you dont care, than why are you on a thread that has to do with a test between the yfz and 700? I don't understand when you ask "what have you done to give yourself credit???"
Why are so many people disgruntled when I bring up the flip side to the yfz and 700? I was just pointing things out!! They both have their good traits and bad. But when people talk good about the 700r in ways that make it sound superior to the yfz, and it really isnt, I spoke up, and put out an argument for the yfz. Its not that big of a thing. If people write home about the yfz in ways that I dont think are correct, both from experience, specs, or things I have read, then I would speak up in defense of the opposing machine.

Old 12-16-2005 | 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

I truely was not trying to fight with anyone, or dis on a machine. I think the only machine I really dissed was 450r, and that is because we had a heated battle going on. The 700 is hands down better than the yfz for trail riding, casual to slightly agressive riding, comfort (especially for bigger guys) and I like that it has reverse, since it is marketed as a trail quad.
I love them both guys, and ride them both! Have fun on which ever you have, there both great!

Old 12-16-2005 | 08:48 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the 450R, just like the 700 is better then the YFZ for trail riding and XC. Suspension, comfort, handling and power delivery just seem to make them better suited in those areas. Not a knock on the YFZ, I just think it's more at home on the track.

Old 12-16-2005 | 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
I think the 450R, just like the 700 is better then the YFZ for trail riding and XC. Suspension, comfort, handling and power delivery just seem to make them better suited in those areas. Not a knock on the YFZ, I just think it's more at home on the track.
Well said.

Old 12-16-2005 | 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey honda guy, first i would like to say that my buddy michael has a trx450r ad has kibble white valve sprigs, hotcam, full titanium 4 exhuast, holeshot hd, nerfs, jet kit, degree key, and kandN filter. My raptor has 11/1 piston, stage 1 hotcam, kandN filter, jetkit, slipon exhaust, and kenda klaws in the rear and a upgraded tranny. At our local drag strip that we racfe at every weekend(in the summer) i beat him by 4-7 quad lenghts every time. And we'll even switch quads and the same thing happens. Oh yeah thats a 660 not the 700 which is supposibley meaner, and i believe it. Not ******* 9on the honda but modded, raptor will and pull on it, As for banshees too. unless like big bore or stroked. SORRY just thought you should know this.

Old 12-16-2005 | 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

i do agree with most of your statments, and stock, the 450 honda is definetly nicer for most people. Just not for me, im more of a trail and cross country type of rider.

Old 12-17-2005 | 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

You know - when i joined this forum back in 99, there were the same kind of posts. Endless back and forth BS. I actually was foolish enough to get into one with a guy in Australia. It was pointless. I learned one thing though. Everyone else is wrong. It's that simple.

So if you all adopt the same thought - that you're all wrong - we'll get along just fine!

Wait, my wife just walked into the room. OK, I'm wrong too...

Married guys will understand this post more than single guys - that's fure sure.

Old 12-17-2005 | 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rapalure
hey honda guy, first i would like to say that my buddy michael has a trx450r ad has kibble white valve sprigs, hotcam, full titanium 4 exhuast, holeshot hd, nerfs, jet kit, degree key, and kandN filter. My raptor has 11/1 piston, stage 1 hotcam, kandN filter, jetkit, slipon exhaust, and kenda klaws in the rear and a upgraded tranny. At our local drag strip that we racfe at every weekend(in the summer) i beat him by 4-7 quad lenghts every time. And we'll even switch quads and the same thing happens. Oh yeah thats a 660 not the 700 which is supposibley meaner, and i believe it. Not ******* 9on the honda but modded, raptor will and pull on it, As for banshees too. unless like big bore or stroked. SORRY just thought you should know this.
LOL.. I really hope that you are not refuring to me here. Why would nerfs make you any faster anyway?? Your not ******* 9on hondas?? What is 9on?? And you what, racfe??? OOOK.. Learn how to spell.

Quick Reply: Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!