Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005 | 08:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

alrighty i have the perfect solution. Why dont we just quit replying to this thread and just let it die [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005 | 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

I know we were going to let this thread die but I just can't help my self I had to post this excerpt from

This article

"Riding the Raptor 700 is like riding a stock YFZ450 with a lot more low end power and no off-idle hesitation. Yamaha claims that in a straight line the stock Raptor 700 is a bit faster than the stock YFZ."
Torque is what puts things in motion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005 | 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

It will never die!

Old 12-19-2005 | 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

NEVER!!!!

Old 12-20-2005 | 02:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

These threads are too entertaining. Conflict resolution suggestions are in no way entertaining. Keep slinging mud guys! The more you get on eachother, the cleaner the floor will be![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2005 | 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Merry Christmas everyone...

I've seen a lot of stupid posts on this thread. Wow. Some people just dont know when to stop. Please go ride your atv and blow off some stress.

Old 12-20-2005 | 06:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow! Some of you guys are pretty high strung. Relax a bit. Some people actually enjoy arguing, just because you don't doesn't make it wrong. Breathe............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2005 | 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Wow! Some of you guys are pretty high strung. Relax a bit. Some people actually enjoy arguing, just because you don't doesn't make it wrong. Breathe............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Exactly!!! Good to hear from you again man! People where giving me such a hard time about arguing. I enjoyed this one, as NO BODY ever disputed the points I brought up. There is always a second side to an argument, and thats where I started in!!!!

Old 12-21-2005 | 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

ummm ok...

Well there is a difference between argue and debate. Debate is more peaceful, argue is well... what we saw here on pages 1-6. IMO people disagree which is natural and perfectly ok... however, I dont think there is any room for name calling on atvconnection forums. I think the mods will agree. I'm not pointing the finger and any specific person. I saw it several times, whether jokingly or not.

We are all here for the same reason. We all love to ride. It doesn't matter what. I know I can have almost just as much fun on my little brother's 80 as I do on my Z. Of course the Z is more of an adrenaline rush but thats not always what drives the sport. We all love power, speed, roosting a gigantic dune, climbing hills, showing off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], acceleration, getting air, pulling off a new trick, wheelying for 100 yards, blasting around corners with your buddy on your tail, doing something stupid and looking back and talking with your friends and saying WOW!, that was a dumb idea, navigating the woods, going through mud, getting stuck, going places you would have never dreamed of, racing, or just enjoying the natural beauty and anything and everything else this sport has to offer. Anyone else think its that awesome. I think riding is the best sport out there. Its like nothing else. It offers a lot more than most other sports. I love it and I know that everyone else here loves it at least half as much as I do. I'm an addict. I wont deny. lol... now sorry to sound like I'm lecturing but thats my honest opinion. I think everyone gave theirs. Heres mine. Take it or leave it.

Look back at this thread and notice that is took over 6 pages of crap to get to this conclusion... well, at least, I hope its over...

Old 12-21-2005 | 04:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look, nobody is better than anybody else around here....... me especially........ BUT............ The majority know everything they are ever going to know about debate by the 3rd grade. Anger, hostility, categorization, foul language, how to ball up our tiny little fists and throw them at others, but the king of all debate tactics is to degrade for the purpose of elevating oneself.

StrongtyerYFZ, you are engaging in the last one yourself even if your motives are good. Just because you know how to debate without debasing yourself and others by losing your temper, shouting profanity and displaying dramatic insecurity, you are saying this forum doesn't have room for people's debate that doesn't meet your standard of sophistication. There will be a wide range of personal skills on a forum such as this and the ones that are as of yet a little less mature and polished should still have the right to debate. Some of these guys are in their early 20's and are simply trying out their life skills against a faceless forum name just to get a little better understanding how they fare in the real world.

135boom has served our country as a pilot in the USAF. He was one of the most vocal in this thread and I wouldn't have said some things exactly the way he did but I owe him my respect and I have been around a lot longer to develop some different ways of working out differences and he didn't get credit for being right on so many points......ever. 1bad450r was the other most vocal poster. He earned my respect when he cleaned it up to deal with me. He made a great argument and proved me wrong on some key points that I challenged him on. These are real people behind these posts and respectable ones at that.

My point is that no one will earn the right to advise someone who is acting poorly by making blanket statements about stupid posts and how they have no business being in this forum. We all have an opportunity to help eachother to develop better ways to discuss differences if we use some strategy and resist getting too uptight about things that are circumstantial.

A couple of my posts lost sight of that. I appreciate you reminding me.

Happy debating guys!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!