Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005 | 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

Vanilla Ice said it best,

Word to your Mother!!!

Some of us are usually at work and like to stir the pot once in awhile just for fun, which was what I was doing if I offended you then I really dont care, I think your adult enough that I'm sure you lost no sleep over some stupid post on some forum. I was mainly harrasing 135Boom since he was doing all the arguing, which I see he finally admitted to, and by his replys I think he understood that. I had no point to make other than entertaining myself. I dont hijack threads or stir the pot when someone is asking a question and needs info, but when it turns into a big debate that just wonders then why not. As DSNUT said relax.

And one more stab at 135boom, if something does not work in the "On Full Force" position that is because it is "OFF", typical pilots trying to over complicate things and read more into something than what it really is.

Dont worry about it, if he was a pilot he will know what I meant, and he wont have his feelings hurt!!! Semper Fi!!

Old 12-21-2005 | 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Look, nobody is better than anybody else around here....... me especially........ BUT............ The majority know everything they are ever going to know about debate by the 3rd grade. Anger, hostility, categorization, foul language, how to ball up our tiny little fists and throw them at others, but the king of all debate tactics is to degrade for the purpose of elevating oneself.

StrongtyerYFZ, you are engaging in the last one yourself even if your motives are good. Just because you know how to debate without debasing yourself and others by losing your temper, shouting profanity and displaying dramatic insecurity, you are saying this forum doesn't have room for people's debate that doesn't meet your standard of sophistication. There will be a wide range of personal skills on a forum such as this and the ones that are as of yet a little less mature and polished should still have the right to debate. Some of these guys are in their early 20's and are simply trying out their life skills against a faceless forum name just to get a little better understanding how they fare in the real world.

135boom has served our country as a pilot in the USAF. He was one of the most vocal in this thread and I wouldn't have said some things exactly the way he did but I owe him my respect and I have been around a lot longer to develop some different ways of working out differences and he didn't get credit for being right on so many points......ever. 1bad450r was the other most vocal poster. He earned my respect when he cleaned it up to deal with me. He made a great argument and proved me wrong on some key points that I challenged him on. These are real people behind these posts and respectable ones at that.

My point is that no one will earn the right to advise someone who is acting poorly by making blanket statements about stupid posts and how they have no business being in this forum. We all have an opportunity to help eachother to develop better ways to discuss differences if we use some strategy and resist getting too uptight about things that are circumstantial.

A couple of my posts lost sight of that. I appreciate you reminding me.

Happy debating guys!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Excellent post DSNUT..

Old 12-21-2005 | 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Look, nobody is better than anybody else around here....... me especially........ BUT............ The majority know everything they are ever going to know about debate by the 3rd grade. Anger, hostility, categorization, foul language, how to ball up our tiny little fists and throw them at others, but the king of all debate tactics is to degrade for the purpose of elevating oneself.

StrongtyerYFZ, you are engaging in the last one yourself even if your motives are good. Just because you know how to debate without debasing yourself and others by losing your temper, shouting profanity and displaying dramatic insecurity, you are saying this forum doesn't have room for people's debate that doesn't meet your standard of sophistication. There will be a wide range of personal skills on a forum such as this and the ones that are as of yet a little less mature and polished should still have the right to debate. Some of these guys are in their early 20's and are simply trying out their life skills against a faceless forum name just to get a little better understanding how they fare in the real world.

135boom has served our country as a pilot in the USAF. He was one of the most vocal in this thread and I wouldn't have said some things exactly the way he did but I owe him my respect and I have been around a lot longer to develop some different ways of working out differences and he didn't get credit for being right on so many points......ever. 1bad450r was the other most vocal poster. He earned my respect when he cleaned it up to deal with me. He made a great argument and proved me wrong on some key points that I challenged him on. These are real people behind these posts and respectable ones at that.

My point is that no one will earn the right to advise someone who is acting poorly by making blanket statements about stupid posts and how they have no business being in this forum. We all have an opportunity to help eachother to develop better ways to discuss differences if we use some strategy and resist getting too uptight about things that are circumstantial.

Happy debating guys!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Excellent post DSNUT..
Yeah, I agree, and for the record, this is "450r" 's and mine second time agreeing on something, see how much progress has been made....ha ha.

Old 12-21-2005 | 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warwgn
Vanilla Ice said it best,

Word to your Mother!!!

Some of us are usually at work and like to stir the pot once in awhile just for fun, which was what I was doing if I offended you then I really dont care, I think your adult enough that I'm sure you lost no sleep over some stupid post on some forum. I was mainly harrasing 135Boom since he was doing all the arguing, which I see he finally admitted to, and by his replys I think he understood that. I had no point to make other than entertaining myself. I dont hijack threads or stir the pot when someone is asking a question and needs info, but when it turns into a big debate that just wonders then why not. As DSNUT said relax.

And one more stab at 135boom, if something does not work in the "On Full Force" position that is because it is "OFF", typical pilots trying to over complicate things and read more into something than what it really is.

Dont worry about it, if he was a pilot he will know what I meant, and he wont have his feelings hurt!!! Semper Fi!!

................."haaa....haaa!!!"

Old 12-21-2005 | 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 135boom
Originally posted by: 1bad450r

Excellent post DSNUT..
Yeah, I agree, and for the record, this is "450r" 's and mine second time agreeing on something, see how much progress has been made....ha ha.
I'll agree, we are making some progress here. lol.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2006 | 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 135boom
Sorry to any yfz owners that I might have offended, I would recomend learning how to ride your quad if you are being beat by stock 700's.
......but then again, I dont think mayn yufz owners will come on here and have there feeling hurt, because the only sensitive people around here are riders from other brands, or from other quads
Hey man - What were the results of that trail teck flywheel you put on that YFZ? Was it a noticeable beneficial improvement?

Old 03-02-2006 | 11:57 AM
Range Rover

The 700 is an animal all it needs is a pipe, new airbox, and fuel accelarater. Good bye YZF. No doubt. But the erognomics are still not there on the 700. Its getting better, but still not the through around of the 450. Nobody races the 700 on the circuit for a reason. But i bet its an awesome machine on the trail

Old 03-02-2006 | 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

I got a chance to ride a 450 for the first time a few weeks ago. Instead of focusing on what I liked better about my Raptor, I couldn't stop talking about what I liked about the 450.
This brand and model snobbery is just ignorant.
Who cares what anyone says or writes about either quad. Enjoy what you have and stop hating on others for buying something different. I guess I am just not the type of person who automatically is threatened by someone who makes a different choice than me.

Old 03-04-2006 | 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
135boom are you from Washington state? or are you stationed in Wa.? Just curious cause if you are in Wa I'd love to show you how a well tuned 700R runs versus your show room stock 700R that your comparing to your modded YFZ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Go get him Randy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2006 | 01:40 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
I know we were going to let this thread die but I just can't help my self I had to post this excerpt from

This article

"Riding the Raptor 700 is like riding a stock YFZ450 with a lot more low end power and no off-idle hesitation. Yamaha claims that in a straight line the stock Raptor 700 is a bit faster than the stock YFZ."
Torque is what puts things in motion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
where is your responce to this?

Quick Reply: Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!