Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUDEST PIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: Fahq

I don't know about Jap bikes but, in stock form, my Harley was 8.5:1 compression. I am not sure how compression ratio relates to sound but, I don't recall my bike getting any louder after I bumped the compression to 10.5:1. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
As far as street bikes being quieter, they are because there are laws regarding how loud a road-driven vehicle can be. The aftermarket pipes for any bike are going to be louder.
After I got my Alien for my Raptor, I bought the quiet core and never run without it. Bottom line, common sense should tell you when a loud pipe is appropriate and when it is not. Unfortunately, some people would rather make a spectical of themself rather than excercise common sense.
Have a nice day.
The R1 is like 12.4:1 or sompin.. really all i wanna know is why the atvs are so loud. is it the large cylinders that make a louder pop and the streetbikes dont make as big of pop with their small cylinders? I aint talkin about harlys and stuff cuz they are WAY TO FOCKIN LOUD.. Im thinkin it all relates to people goin look at me im cool cuz i ride a bike.. People you can do other things to get noticed and recieve your attention you desire without giving the sport black eyes..

the aftermarket exhaust people need to be working to deliver a product that is a performance pipe and silencer and keeps the sound 93 or less i would really like it quiter.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
Ok....There is a BIG difference in living in NEWYORK and living in OKLAHOMA.....

Im Sure we have alot more place to ride in oklahoma than yall do in newyork....There is Alot more people in newyork than there is in oklahoma......so i can see were your prob is coming from....
Besides the public places we ride all the time....I Own 160 acres wife owns 190 acres Austin owns over 2000 acres so i really dont think i will run out of places to ride....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I don't think anybody is trying to point the finger at you two, or even care that you may or may not have loud machines, the point is that we do not need that "Im going to be loud because I want to" attitude spreading across the forums. If you read a lot of ATV/Dirtbike mags and websites you will see that a lot of what they write about is trying to prevent loud exhausts, even at race tracks.

Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

How much talking can your quad do when it is stuck in the garage after you have nowhere to ride?
Ok....There is a BIG difference in living in NEWYORK and living in OKLAHOMA.....

Im Sure we have alot more place to ride in oklahoma than yall do in newyork....There is Alot more people in newyork than there is in oklahoma......so i can see were your prob is coming from....
Besides the public places we ride all the time....I Own 160 acres wife owns 190 acres Austin owns over 2000 acres so i really dont think i will run out of places to ride....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
just wait.. oklahoma isnt that differnt than the rest of the country man. as your population increses so will complaints of noise. next comes the ordinances then comes you bein a pig headed SOB and the cops writing you tickets for your outlaw behavior.

Pro Rider

All Harley's are not too loud. If you look at my pics, you will see a collector on my bike. That pipe is substantially quieter than drag pipes. Even being quieter, it develops much better power than any drag pipes I have ever had. So, I guess I agree. there should be a way to produce HP without producing hearing loss.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much talking can your quad do when it is stuck in the garage after you have nowhere to ride?

Who's to say what you can do on your own property. But the main point here is riding on public land. Don't overlook that.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

just wait.. oklahoma isnt that differnt than the rest of the country man. as your population increses so will complaints of noise. next comes the ordinances then comes you bein a pig headed SOB and the cops writing you tickets for your outlaw behavior.
CowBoy...I see what your saying 100%....And it sucks really bad....America is a free country..But i quess in some places it dont seem that way.....I quess oklahoma is going but it just dont seem that way....Man i gots to drive 25 miles just to go get groceries lol...But thats how i like it....being out in the country....But i see your point...But i really dont see it happening he for a long good while....

Old 02-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides the public places we ride all the time....I Own 160 acres wife owns 190 acres Austin owns over 2000 acres so i really dont think i will run out of places to ride....

I can't really speak about Oklahoma because I have never been there. I can say that even with all of the acreage, be nice to your neighbors. There are guys here in Upstate NY that have bought acreage in outlying areas, for the sole purpose riding their ATV's/dirt bikes. After a while, the neighbors started going to town board meetings and really making their lives difficult. If you, your wife and your friends have thousands of acres to ride, I am officially jealous. Unfortunately, the vast majority of us don't have access to or own that kind of real estate. For that reason, we have to be more courteous to those around us. If nobody can see or hear you, don't take that for granted. You truly are in an enviable situation.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

driverdoyle wrote:
America is a free country..But i quess in some places it dont seem that way.....

I hear that. I live in the land of Hillary Clinton.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just for the sake of getting the facts straight, 2/3rds of NY's population lives in NYC, The most of the rest of the state is wide open farm land. Just to let you know, thats all.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx

Who's to say what you can do on your own property. But the main point here is riding on public land. Don't overlook that.
LMAO.. you know better than that freebird. We live in america where the government owns everything. They can legistlate whatever they want you to do on your own land and if you dont comply they just take it fromyou. the you make payments every year to the government so you can call that chunk of ground your own. But how about you try cuttin the payments to the government.. since you own it and all. and see how long before they take it away?

and on your own land you have neighbors and if you neighbors dont like it guess what you gonna be in trouble. climb outta of your lil box your hiding in and realize there are other people out there that you need to get along with. the fock them i do what i want attitude is not gonna accomplish anything.

Quick Reply: LOUDEST PIPE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!