Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is next in Performance Upgrades for my 686?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is next in Performance Upgrades for my 686?

I dare anyone to line up against Dollarbillz, with no wheely bar or nitrous and full suspension.

The fact of the matter is there are lot of builders out there and a lot of them can get you to spend a lot of money and you think you are getting results by them telling you high hp numbers. You don't race dyno's, its a tuning tool and thats it.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ernie660R
I dare anyone to line up against Dollarbillz, with no wheely bar or nitrous and full suspension.

The fact of the matter is there are lot of builders out there and a lot of them can get you to spend a lot of money and you think you are getting results by them telling you high hp numbers. You don't race dyno's, its a tuning tool and thats it.
Hey Ernie, I have a deep respect for all the fast raptor guys that I hang with including but not limited to Dollarbillz, Scholle, Silverbullet, Rudy and a few others. This is not going to turn into a "my bike is faster than yours" contest.

This guy was asking about performance upgrades on his 686 and I was just trying to point out to him that setup plays a huge part in taking his given hp and putting it efficiently to the ground. Its no secret that a well setup 686 is very impressing. I just dont want people to take this post the wrong way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

I know Choose, there a lot of very fast DS's out there. Yours is one of them so everythings cool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

TextThe fact of the matter is there are lot of builders out there and a lot of them can get you to spend a lot of money and you think you are getting results by them telling you high hp numbers. You don't race dyno's, its a tuning tool and thats it.
Very well Put...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I got to meet Mr CrayCraft and Dollar when we took AustinOneals rappy to get tuned after Bob Built it...Some of the coolest and nicest guys you will ever meet...

I want to see AustinOneal and Dollar line up...That will be a hell of a Race...I think that one mite come down to rider...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ernie660R
I know Choose, there a lot of very fast DS's out there. Yours is one of them so everythings cool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, I got lost in the other issues being addressed.

So, bottom line = Your all telling me to not give up hope on my 686 Raptor? If i run lower octane fuel, go down a tooth on the front sprocket and, get a +4 swingarm, get paddles w/ less grip and, lower profile (increase wheel spin - "haulers") I should see much better performance and, be able to actually lauch with out bogging in 2nd or flipping over on a wheelie?

Hmmm,,, put another grand into this thing and, give it a chance or sell it for the best i can get and, cut my losses and, start over..... - Dilema's, Dilema's!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptBags
Ok, I got lost in the other issues being addressed.

So, bottom line = Your all telling me to not give up hope on my 686 Raptor? If i run lower octane fuel, go down a tooth on the front sprocket and, get a +4 swingarm, get paddles w/ less grip and, lower profile (increase wheel spin - "haulers") I should see much better performance and, be able to actually lauch with out bogging in 2nd or flipping over on a wheelie?

Hmmm,,, put another grand into this thing and, give it a chance or sell it for the best i can get and, cut my losses and, start over..... - Dilema's, Dilema's!

FCR 35's. Buy em. JTM +4.5 swingarm extension ( $250ish IIRC) AND Haulers.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

What will the 35 FCR's do and, how much are they about?

Old 03-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

FCR 35's. Buy em. JTM +4.5 swingarm extension ( $250ish IIRC) AND Haulers.
The FCRs will run you about 700.00...i think there the best carb made for a rappy..and you need the Haulers..mine work really well..

Old 03-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

The FCRs improved power pretty much everywhere on my 686. I dont know what the actual numbers difference would show on a dyno but the feel was night and day. I'd never go back to the stockers after running the FCRs. The top end was the most noticeable but the midrange came on alot stronger as well. They just plain make it run stronger.

I dont know what they run currently but I paid about $700 IIRC from sparks. I'd imagine you could find a pair of them from a streetbike and jet them appropriately for far less. Might have to hunt around for a proper cable though.

Quick Reply: What is next in Performance Upgrades for my 686?