Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What is next in Performance Upgrades for my 686?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is next in Performance Upgrades for my 686?

Is this because the stock ones are not able to give the 686 enough Air/Fuel or, because they do something else better like atomize the fuel??? I would think if you wanted more air and, fule you could just get bigger jets = but they make it run rich SO, if i have it jetted right, than why would more air and, fuel help???

Also, if i get bigger carbs, will i have the problem my buddies have on the Banshees? The throttle is so hard to puch with the 35mm's that your hand is cramped after 5 min of riding and, your response to on/off throttle is way slower due to this! = you can't quickly push the throttle/rev bike in quick bursts.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

With my Raptor I could never get past a white plug with the stock carbs. I was always running lean on the top end. FCRs also have an accelerator pump so getting on the gas again gives quicker throttle response. The FCRs are just better carbs all around. I doubt you'll find anyone who has them and wants to go back to stock. I really wish I could answer the question more thoroughly but frankly it's beyond my knowledge as to why they work better. There is no arguing the results though. Guys I used to have walk away from me I can get right by them now.

A buddy with a banshee ( he wont say what's done) who used to flat kick the crap out my raptor is now easy pickings on the flats. He used to take me all the way to top speed where he just pulled further and further away. It was the opposite after the FCRs went on.

I rarely ride at top speed even on sand now, it's just plain too fast for my riding abilities. The little divots feel huge when you're going that fast. Sure it's probably only 60-70mph but when you hit a rough spot it can get ugly fast.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Are the FCR's ez'r to work on or are they the same BS hour for a jet change and, tight fitting? Do you have to run clap on air filters or do you still run the Proflow intake in the stock air box? Do the bigger carbs make your Thumb Throttle like moving a shovel in thick cement or is it still as light as stock?? I'd really like to know more b4 i add 700 to my total decision with another 700 in swingarm/carrier, sprockets, lower profile paddles...

Old 03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer

Capt,tried to PM you , your full.Give me a call I can go over some options with you.Kenz

Old 03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry, Ken.. Had no clue it was filled... I cleared it out now...

Old 03-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

DriverDoyle - Don't sweat the Klowns, they can't help themselves. Watch for very low post counts when someone chimes in with a "love Kenz" or "hate UBETRUN" opinion, then you'll know it's one of the AZ regulars trying to be sneaky. Most of them have never left their backyard so they don't know what else is out there or how their builds compare, don't let their lack of knowledge get under your skin.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

cant be more pleased with my craycraft build and yet to be outran by another bike 2 stroke or 4

did i mention i just got back from little sahara [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and i think UBETRUN is one of the top people on the forum not only for his knowledge but also always willing to help

UBETRUN for president!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
I dare anyone to line up against Dollarbillz, with no wheely bar or nitrous and full suspension.
TextThe fact of the matter is there are lot of builders out there and a lot of them can get you to spend a lot of money and you think you are getting results by them telling you high hp numbers. You don't race dyno's, its a tuning tool and thats it.
Very well Put...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I got to meet Mr CrayCraft and Dollar when we took AustinOneals rappy to get tuned after Bob Built it...Some of the coolest and nicest guys you will ever meet...

I want to see AustinOneal and Dollar line up...That will be a hell of a Race...I think that one mite come down to rider...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

let's meet up and see how she run's

Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DollarBillz
Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
I dare anyone to line up against Dollarbillz, with no wheely bar or nitrous and full suspension.
TextThe fact of the matter is there are lot of builders out there and a lot of them can get you to spend a lot of money and you think you are getting results by them telling you high hp numbers. You don't race dyno's, its a tuning tool and thats it.
Very well Put...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I got to meet Mr CrayCraft and Dollar when we took AustinOneals rappy to get tuned after Bob Built it...Some of the coolest and nicest guys you will ever meet...

I want to see AustinOneal and Dollar line up...That will be a hell of a Race...I think that one mite come down to rider...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well Well the race i have been waiting for u runnin gas or alcohol?

Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

DriverDoyle - Don't sweat the Klowns, they can't help themselves. Watch for very low post counts when someone chimes in with a "love Kenz" or "hate UBETRUN" opinion, then you'll know it's one of the AZ regulars trying to be sneaky. Most of them have never left their backyard so they don't know what else is out there or how their builds compare, don't let their lack of knowledge get under your skin.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well Well the race i have been waiting for u runnin gas or alcohol?
Awesome we will have to meet up down at red river trails down on the red river.. that is about half way for Austin and I and you Dollar....This will be a Hell of a deal...But i wanna play with Dollar and Austin too...So i get a 200 Foot head start in a 300 foot race right..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: What is next in Performance Upgrades for my 686?