Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster 200 vs a ????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster 200 vs a ????????

Originally posted by: DieselTech
Well, I watched those videos, and I think it proves my point about rider skill, as most of the videos where the Blaster wins it appears that the riders on the other machines really didn't have enough skill in sand drags to be competative with thier machines. Also, gearing is a huge factor in drag racing - especially if it's only 300 ft. How fast do you think your "trap speed" is at the end of the 300 feet? I have a Banshee that is geared stock, and plenty fast. If I drop the gearing on it, I'd easily make it much faster in acceleration (for dragging) but lose my close to 80 mph top end. So even with NO ENGINE WORK, gearing can give a huge advantage.

Watch the last video that says "......good job Ryan..." - it appears as if the Blaster is racing a Banshee that looks slightly modified, but close to stock. The Blaster gets him off the line, but then the Banshee passes him just before the cones. Imagine if the drag was for a greater distance just how much more the Banshee would have pulled away....... you can't cheat the laws of physics. A 200cc machine cannot compete with a 400cc machine without sacrificing something - reliability, rideability, etc. However, the Blaster DOES have something going for it in the fact that it is a 2-STROKE. This allows it to have comparable power to a 300-350cc 4-stroke machine (stock). And it's cheap, about $3000 new, compared to $5000 for a Raptor 350 or something comparable. But, you give up a few things too(like reverse), so it depends on what type of riding you do.

Like I said before, rider skill is just as important as the machine......

I agree for the most part and in all honesty that isn't the reason i posted it..If i was posting to prove all out speed i would have posted the link to that motor beefed up even more in a drag chasis..The videos you saw was stock bore with 6mm crank, which i believe brings it to somewhere around 215cc's..Now the the other set of videos it is the same 6mm crank with a 265 bore sleeve bring it up to a little over 300cc's in a 200lb drag chasis..I'm not trying to say the blaster is the baddest thing out there..It kinda frustrates me that people have such a lack of respect for it..Not for the reason that i own one, becuase i sold mine and have a pretty sweet shee now, but for the reason that they are really great bikes that have some potential,for putting a few of the big boys to shame.

As far as the correct set up i consider that the flaw of the riders..If they go to a 300ft drag race to race drag bikes, they need to be set up for it..Alot of them look like they were, and i know it would be pretty hard to get a banshee geared down to 300ft runs, but thats what the distance is..Anyways i know what your saying...Wasn't trying to say blaster was the best, just trying to open a few eyes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]..

Old 04-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I'm not giving you a hard time - the Blaster is a great bike. My biggest complaint about them is the frame size (smallish) and crappy stock tires (well, the rear at least - too tall!). As for potential, the Blaster has great potential. I recommend it as a first bike to anyone looking for a 2wd sport machine, unless they are dead-set on having reverse. A little bit of money into them and they respond very well, and make for a better bike than anything else in the same price range (of the Blaster with some mods, for example, a Raptor 350). Personally, I wasn't really impressed with the Raptor 350 - I like the way my Banshee rides as compared to it.

For the money ($3k), it's a hard machine to beat. Too bad 2006 is the last year to get one..........

Old 06-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer

Stock for stock will my raptor 350 beat a blaster and the riders where the same and everything

Old 06-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

Close race, but the Raptor should come out on top.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Range Rover

hahahaha this is funny...it warrior will NEVER be able to beat a raptor even if its stock....unless theres a 5 years old driving lmfao

Old 06-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer

you guys are retarded, a blater a warrior, and a rappy 350, and a 300ex, is very close in a race, it depends on the ride, and where u riding at, the blaster, will beat these quads, depending if you switch gears right, and if u know how to ride, they are very close in speed, and the blaster, will definatley beat the quads, off the start, you forgettin, and the blaster is a 2 stroke, and 2 strokes provide better and harder, much faster, fuel to air mix, and more wheel spin, a blaster and a warrior are a tie, the warrior is a 4 stroke, and its so sluggish, and heavy. the blaster and the rappy are tie, depending on the rider, and a blaster flat out will beat a 300ex.

There u have it, no more, there all ties, depending on the rider.

if you have any complains, or arguemtns about this, go to www.projectblaster.com, and go to there forums, then explain to them, if a rappy 350, and a warrior can beat a blaster.