Old 05-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha warrior questions

got a few questions:

i bought this warrior from a guy who said, It just stopped and died

so i bought it for 250 bucks complete bike

okay 1st question

I took the clutch cover off to examine the possible problems and there was no oil. there was an oil based sludge in the bottom of the motor like it had very little oil, and possibly a little bit of water also. but it roles over fine and has compression so the top end is operational.

and when i got to the clutch i had to pry the clutch fibers away from the metals seemed they were gaulded together but do not know if thats my problem. it will shift through the gears fine but when i put it in gear and bump it through with a battery charger it has a low batter turning over sound but put it in neutral and it turns over like it should in order to start

also does anyone make an airbox elim. kit.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Imao, you paid 250 for it? If the reat of the quad looks decent, I would tear the motor down for a complete over haul. Dirty-oily-sludge is just asking for oiling problems in the future. wrecking an otherwise usefull engine. While I was at it, I would put a new clutch in it.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

well i have ran some diesel throught it many time and flushing the system to get all the sludge out that i can i have a hi heat pressure washer that i think i might try to blow some of that nastey stuff (trying to avoid any and all bearings and seals. But i just hope theres nothing wrong in the inside, i will get a new clutch for it and see if that fixes it

Old 05-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

The problem with just washing it out is , did you get all the crud out of the small passages going to the cam, top end, etc, or did you just loosen it up so it can float around inside going through the bearings and possibly blocking the small passages? Also, does it get all the gunk out of the bearings, or will in shove it in farther? Who really knows? It might work. (I've done worse myself and not had problems) Or it might just open a whole new can of worms. (been there done that also) If the quad is in good shape, why not rebuild it and have something that would last a long, worry free, time. If the quad isn't that good of shape, then I could see maybe just doing the minium to see what you have. If your not going to rebuild it, I'd say just take a wire brush to the clutches (disks and fibers) to clean them up and try them. It's probably worth a try. The clutch should not have anything to do with it starting, unless your trying to start it in gear. Remember, the oil in the crankcase also is the same oil in the transmission. What you seen in the cover is in the trans as well.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

does it have spark or a good enough spark? if it just died i would look at something electrical like the stator

Old 05-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

well im not sure on the spart i have not got a chance to check anything it had some wireing problems the guy didnt take very good care of it but i have not sprayed it yet working on some other things right now i willl let u know

Old 05-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I think its your flux compassitor....And you mite have to go from a blue to a pink power band........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

nah.. it sounds like he needs a new muffler bearing.. or the powerband needs adjusting...