Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee or Predator what should i choose???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee or Predator what should i choose???

I am wondering whether i should go with a banshee or a predator? I am leaning more towards the banshee but im not real sure yet. Im going to start racing next year and i want the one thats better for that and trail riding. If you can help me that would be cool.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

banshee

Old 06-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Well if you are gonna race track, or woods, I would go for the pred. Straight line, Shee..

Old 06-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Pro Rider

The Predator handles much better and has a lot of torque which helps it in the woods. Stock for stock it will beat a banshee no problem in all areas. like 2fast said though, once you start messing w/ a banshee there's not a lot that will keep up. Still it depends what you want to do with it. Neither is built for the MX track but the pred has much better suspension, (especially the TLE model. The Podium X shocks that are on it are the best stock shocks in the industry. Doug Gust uses them, and the Polaris comes with them from the factory!) also the Pred has a lifetime waranty on its rear axle, so that tells you that it is track ready, even if it is a bit heavy. The Predator is also by far the best in woods also due to its greater torque, especially w/ the TLE's close ratio tranny. Overall i'd say, Banshee for modification for the straight line or sand, Predator for pretty much anything else. I was in your shoes last summer... you can see which way i went. Oh well, whatever you chose enjoy it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]!

Old 06-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

I hate when you have to compare stock speeds, you should have to compare them with like all te same stuff on them, but i would have to say if the banshee was stock and so was the predator the predator would win, pipe the banshee and bye predyy
For trails and track, unless you are loaded with money and you can buy a-arms, shocks, axle, pipe, airfilter, tires, handlebars, then go with the predator, banshee has so much more potential though, so depending on the amount of money you have make your decisiion

Old 06-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

okay so i dont like banshees so it would be pred all the way for me but ive never rode a banshee but i have raced them draging and ive won more then once the pred is nice in both drag and in like the woods and stuff cuz ive raced in both. And the pred has alot of potential i have two and even my stocked one is nice. my other one is a beast and is great overall. So i would go with the pred. but which eva you get enjoy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

------------------------------

05 pred TLE
armor nurff bars
DG headers and pipe
high flow intake kit( this made a major diffrence in the preds throttle respone and speed)
jets changed twice
primary drive chain and sprokets

05 pred TLE
K&N dropin

Old 06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I second what the rest of these guys are saying, well, at least the one's that know what they are talking about...Speedy down there, I don't know about him.

Anyway, yeah, unless you are doing straighline drags, the Banshee ain't gonna do it for ya. Of course you can put a boatload of money into the Banshee and make it a good trail/woods/track bike, but by then, you could of had both, the Banshee and the Predator.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

weboppper,
What if he could find a used really nice shee for 3 grand then put another 3 grand into it for the price of a stock 2006??? Think about that Banshee1086

Old 06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Well i have been racing for a while now and if you want to get into racing next year then dont get a banshee. Sure they are cool but they are not meant for racing. I barely even see any more 250R's. Get the pred. I race with a guy who has one. It is very fast. Of course his is not stock. He is always right infront of the pack with it.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
weboppper,
What if he could find a used really nice shee for 3 grand then put another 3 grand into it for the price of a stock 2006??? Think about that Banshee1086
Good point.

I would still be hesitant though. Used Banshee is scary unless you know who you are getting it from...who knows how many times the top end has been rebuilt. Also, the time and effort to do all that needs to be done has to be factored in...at a minimum you would be looking at a-arms and shocks all around. Descent a-arms can be had relatively cheap ($600 or so), but good shocks are going to set you back. You aren't going to find too many Banshees that don't at least have intake and pipe already done, but if not, you will want to do that.

The other thing still reamins...the Banshee is not a lug around the woods kind of bike, and that won't change. I will tell ya though, that my buddy has one and he rides it everywhere. Of course, that is desert riding, so I don't know how it might be around where he is...