Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

9/11... My heart goes out.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9/11... My heart goes out.

Just wondering what everyone had to say about the tragety, I hope the mods let this one go. What were you doing when 9/11 hit and what are your thoughts? Heres my story

On 9/11 I was in my weight trainning class at Woodhaven highschool and one of the female gym teachers came in a whispered in our teachers ear what had happen. He had a look of disbelief in his eyes. None of us had any idea what was going on until we were dismissed to our next hour where the teach of that class his his TV on. I couldnt believe my eyes. I went home and decided I wanted to be amongst the bravest souls in the nation and do everything I can to help the people in their time of need

Im taking my EMT-Basic national registry test in a few hours on 9/11. Im already a certified firefighter and need this to get a job. 9/11 is what inspired me to become a firefighter. I would give you the whole speach of why I want to run into a burning building while everyone else is running out, but that would take awhile. If you guys wanna hear it let me know. Anyways wish me luck. My heart goes out to the victims and families of 9/11, the people that did this will get what they diserve. You dont mess with the most powerful nation in the world and get away with it.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

25 views and noone has anything to say.... Maybe I shouldnt have posted this here.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

JLsparky7...I know you mean well..And as much as i have talk to you on this forum i know you a very good guy..This is a very touchy think to talk about...I know if your a red blooded american..your hart went out on
9-11-06...I know when i was watching tv and seeing some of the storys..ya i got tears in my eyes....And i think i talk for everyone in this room...We are americans and we will stand and fight to the very bitter end...My hart still goes out for the men and women still over there fighting for what they belive in...I know in this forum we all pick on each other and and say things about each others quads..and fight with each other...BUT i know in my hart That if it came down to it..EVERYONE of us in this forum would stand toghether if we could do anything to help anyone that was in the 9-11...It dont matter if you live in Oklahoma or texas or NY or anywere in the United states..I know we would all stand side by side...

Well JLsparky7..I look at this post prob 5 time before i put anything down...And someone mite just JUMP all over me becouse i said these things..But i dont care...Thats just how i feel..

Old 09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

well sorry i didnt see the thread before now.

i will never forget 9/11. i was in a management class in college and was surfing on the web and saw the headline on yahoo news " plane hits the WTC". Immediately i think some littel plane... i then had to do class work. by the time i got in my truck and was going to work right after class, it was all over the news that it was 747's that hit the tower and by the time i parked at work, the south tower had collapsed and i learned of the pentagon and other attacks...we followed the developments that day and perpetually therafter... it was a very sad day in american history and for the lives of everyone in this country. i had a professor that had a student friend or daughter that was in the towers when it was being evacuated and she sent an email from NYC and the email was horrifying and gut wrenching about and actual account from a local person who lived it. it was a miracle they got out. i only wish they all could have gotten out... but if you watched the discovery channel doc this past weekend, the PA system in side the towers kept telling people to stay in.... they really didnt know a plane had hit them and the total magnitude of the situation. this was one of the better televised accounts of the tragedy as it told numerous storys about those trapped inside and how most of them escaped. Its better than the ABC miniseries and stuff. Has actual footage too.

anyway the 5 yr mark should have meant more to people; prob is people are passive. plus, i think somehow under the haze of football season it was unfortunately shyed away from. but what happened should never be forgotten nor the bravery of those that gave their lives rescuing people. Those guys werent army soldiers, but civil sodiers dedicated to saving lives. they should never be forgotten either. we should never become passive about that day. ever. dont stop living but dont ever forget and we must do all we can to prevent it again.

take a quick second and think about this: the terrorists used no bombs, but OUR OWN CIVILLIAN JETS against us, killed thousands of innocent people, destroyed billions of dollars in buildings (significant ones like the symbols of american power - pentagon and the symbol of american $$$- the towers), sent the financial world into chaos for a few days and disrupted the air travel system....to this day....never ever forget...

Old 09-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

Sorry I didn't see this post till today, but even 5 years later it's still very sad, at the time I was in the 6th grade (now I'm in 11th grade) and didn't find out until I got home from school and my mom told me, anyways I don't think any American can forget about the thousands of lives lost that day (343 firefighters). I think just seeing the 9/11 flashbacks on TV will put a tear in anyones eyes. I also went and checked out that new World Trade Center movie the other week. Last spring I joined this training program at the local fire dept (Northville FD) and decided I'm gonna persue a career (at least part time paid on call) in emergency services.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ATVrider89
Sorry I didn't see this post till today, but even 5 years later it's still very sad, at the time I was in the 6th grade (now I'm in 11th grade) and didn't find out until I got home from school and my mom told me, anyways I don't think any American can forget about the thousands of lives lost that day (343 firefighters). I think just seeing the 9/11 flashbacks on TV will put a tear in anyones eyes. I also went and checked out that new World Trade Center movie the other week. Last spring I joined this training program at the local fire dept (Northville FD) and decided I'm gonna persue a career (at least part time paid on call) in emergency services.
Where do you live? Ill be applying to northville fire dept in a few weeks, in michigan that is.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I was a sophomore in high school. We were playing football in gym class when my teacher came out with a little portable TV and told us the news. I'll never forget that feeling in the pit of my stomach when I heard about all the planes that were hijacked.

JLsparky7, I just took my Paramedic national registry two weeks ago. Good luck with your Basic test. If you studied and did some practice tests then you probly passed. I think there are questions on there that are designed to be wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] If you decide to go for Paramedic I suggest getting a couple of the practice books to supplement your classes. They help a lot come time for registry! How do you think you did?

Old 09-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Yep..It's scary to think about...I woke up to a phone call saying "turn on the tv...I think we are gonna go to war"....and then the second plane hit...shortly followed by people jumping from burning buildings.....I mostly feel bad for how the young ones must feel growing up while all this is going on...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OffRder15
I was a sophomore in high school. We were playing football in gym class when my teacher came out with a little portable TV and told us the news. I'll never forget that feeling in the pit of my stomach when I heard about all the planes that were hijacked.

JLsparky7, I just took my Paramedic national registry two weeks ago. Good luck with your Basic test. If you studied and did some practice tests then you probly passed. I think there are questions on there that are designed to be wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] If you decide to go for Paramedic I suggest getting a couple of the practice books to supplement your classes. They help a lot come time for registry! How do you think you did?
I did take practice tests and studied my **** off. There are definitly questions on there to screw you over. Is it the same on the medic test? Im really worried about that one. Dont you have to get over an 80% in all catagories? That seems next to impossible. Ill definitly look into those books thanks for the advice. Took me 2 trys to pass the practical and i think i passed the written the first try.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

The medic test is definately harder than the basic and yes you have to get a passing grade of 70% in all catagories. As you train for medic you'll get an idea of what will be on the test. You'll do fine if you keep your nose in the books throughout the course. If you don't have a flexible job you might have to quit like I did.

Quick Reply: 9/11... My heart goes out.