Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

??06 blaster help with tranny??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??06 blaster help with tranny??

Just bought a 06 blaster about a month ago i was told to change the tranny fluid about 20 hours in so i did but what i am not sure of is if i filled it to much or to little or just right i no there is that little circle window to look through and when the quad is off the circle is completey filled and when the quad is at a idel the fluid is lower then the lowest mark i no its suposed to between the two marks so is it that i have to little or to much in it thanks the only reason i ask is because the clutch feels kind of funny ever since i change the fluid almost like it slips here and there but could just be me any ideas thanks oo yah this is all on level ground

Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Your oil level should be inbetween the 2 marks when your quad is idling.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

cool deal so i guess u need to have the quad running in order to get the reading so would too little fluid be my reason for the werid feeling in the clutch and would to much fluid hurt anything thanks

Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Too much tranny fluid would be one reason why your clutch feels different. Yes having too much oil in the quad is bad. If there is too much oil your crank comes down and slaps the oil causing bubbles, if the bubbles get sucked up by the oil pump you lose protection for your engine. Not to mention when the crank hits the oil it will rob your quad of some h/p and torque.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all your help i just found my book and in it under checking tranny fluid it tells u 3 steps 1 place on level ground 2 warm up engine for several minutes and stop it 3 check fluid through crankcase window so i am guessing the quad is suposed to be off when checking seeing how it says to stop after warm and allow oil to settle before checking which in my case when quad is not running the whole window is full looks like i might have to much in there the only thing that is bothering me now is when its off its full and when its running its real low so if i do refill it and put it in between the marks when i run the quad its going to look like theres nothing in there is this normal? thanks

Old 01-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: beaverblaster22
thanks for all your help i just found my book and in it under checking tranny fluid it tells u 3 steps 1 place on level ground 2 warm up engine for several minutes and stop it 3 check fluid through crankcase window so i am guessing the quad is suposed to be off when checking seeing how it says to stop after warm and allow oil to settle before checking which in my case when quad is not running the whole window is full looks like i might have to much in there the only thing that is bothering me now is when its off its full and when its running its real low so if i do refill it and put it in between the marks when i run the quad its going to look like theres nothing in there is this normal? thanks
Yes its normal. What kind of fluid did you put in it?

Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

i left the bottle at a friends house not really sure i no it was 10w-40 but cant remember the i asked the guy at a local dealer what i needed and thats what he gave me i did find it alittle werid that the oil i drained out was like a drak to black color and the new oil is red going to go to were i got my quad today and ask them about this and see what they say