Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Running lean yet fouling plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007 | 06:33 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Running lean yet fouling plugs?

my yamaha warrior has a decent amount of things done to it, but stock they run 145 mains and im running a 150 and i think its a little too lean still, i think i need a 152.5 or 155 but im not sure,and i foul plugs out more than i should be for a fourstroke and i think my fuelbowl height is incorrect and it alows overflow which is fouling the plugs and makes for a confusing problem with it being rich on fuel in a since but lean when it comes to the mainjet and i was wandering if i make any since b4 i tear into and put a bigger main in it(152.5-155) and adjusting the fuelbowl tang height,because it runs pretty strong still but i think its not running as strong as it should and i know it needs more adjusting any help wud be appreciated

Old 02-10-2007 | 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Yes I would definitely go up on that main jet.

Old 02-10-2007 | 09:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

it's not really possible to do much jetting troubleshooting over the computer. You just need to do some plug chops and figure out for yourself if it really is rich or lean. What makes you think it's too lean?

Your mods could be screwing with it too. If the p&p work wasn't done on a flow bench by an experienced person, it can really make weird stuff happen. Polishing anything on the intake side will actually cause power loss and make jetting really touchy too.

Old 02-11-2007 | 10:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: recon99
it's not really possible to do much jetting troubleshooting over the computer. You just need to do some plug chops and figure out for yourself if it really is rich or lean. What makes you think it's too lean?

Your mods could be screwing with it too. If the p&p work wasn't done on a flow bench by an experienced person, it can really make weird stuff happen. Polishing anything on the intake side will actually cause power loss and make jetting really touchy too.
and, i hope every warrior sees what i am about to post.... getting a P&P has gotten VERY misunderstood in the past few years on this board... it seems like that's everyones first solution to more power...

i am in the process of actually developing an oval porting that flows really well that should give any warrior 5-10hp however.. this is still just in drawings... won't actually be able to start the cutting until i get myself a used head for cheap

Old 02-11-2007 | 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
Originally posted by: recon99

and, i hope every warrior sees what i am about to post.... getting a P&P has gotten VERY misunderstood in the past few years on this board... it seems like that's everyones first solution to more power...

i am in the process of actually developing an oval porting that flows really well that should give any warrior 5-10hp however.. this is still just in drawings... won't actually be able to start the cutting until i get myself a used head for cheap

Gunna have a hemi warrior eh?

Whats your idle jet like?