Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee problems

allright first second and third gears are fine but fourth fifth and six gears is gay its like theres not really no power it feels sluggish can any one help me with this please thanx

one other question how hard is it rebuild top end and replace all gaskets and seals in top and bottom of engine how much would it cost and is it better to go to mechanic or do it myself asking because im still preety new at this

Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] you mite check the compression first,these 2 stockes wont run good if its low,should be at least 100PSI and should be 125+++ if it up to paar. I had problems with mine and found low compression. Also it mite be Lean on the Top RPMs, have you changed any_thing or put add-ons on it???? Luck Eddie.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

yea was told to check that before ima check it asap
another question when i start the bike it wont run unless i give it half throttle and wen i let go it shuts right off it isnt idleing have any ideas

Old 10-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

[img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]i would check compression 1st, if its down, that will affect the idle also, low compression on a 2 stoke really mess,s with everything, because it affects the vacum on the carbs, it wont pull enough fuel in so they run bad al-over. also is it Stock?? and have you made any mods on it??? Pipes? Muffers? Breather&airbox changes?? These 350 banshee,s are Touch-E, Also is the carb jetting Stock??? Was it running OK and do this all at once or did it come on slowy, and get worse. Luck Eddie.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

i brought it with these lil problems but as far as i can see it is basically stock only thing it has is boost bottle and fmf fatty pipes carbs are stock

Old 10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Ok, the carbs will need to be jetted up bigger to run the FMF Exhuast!!!! The boost bottle souldnt make a difference,if the pereus owner just put that exhaust on it without rejetted you prolly have some brunt up pistons& rings, Take that compression test and that will answer a bunch of????? real quik, K. Let Me Know. Eddie.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

allright thanx for info get back to u soon

Old 10-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default banshee problems

did you say the boost bottle should make a diff ??? lmfao !!! big waste of money !!!!! do the carbs have the tors still on them ?? bunch of crap on top of carbs .... do you have a air box or pod filters ?

Old 10-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

the carbs still have tors but they have ben disconnected and it has air box

Old 10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default banshee problems

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] One more TIME, What is the Compression???????????? Eddie

Quick Reply: banshee problems