Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need desperate help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 02:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need desperate help

I was putting the crank back in the cases of my Banshee, and put the top case half on. I then proceeded to put the drive and waterpump gears back on the crank, and screwed the nut down that holds them there. Only problem is, I didn't have a flywheel holder. So, like the idiot I am I put a wrnech through the rods and proceeded to tighten it with it like that. I know better than to do that, but I've seen it done before, and I was just in such a hurry, and so excited to put it back together that I didn't play it safe and do it with the proper tools, and the whole bottom end locked up. The crank would not spin at all. I took the cases apart again, and found that the bearing on that side of the crank was not spinning properly. It was very difficult to spin it. I put some two stroke oil in the bearing, and it made it a little better, but theres still a lot of resistance, and it just doesn't spin as freely as it did. Another thing I noticed, is after all this when I set the crank in the bottom case half, and spin the crank, that bearing has a slight wobble in it. The other one is not like that. I dont know whats going on. I dont know what I did, and I'm freakin out. If ANYONE has any information, then please let me know. I want to get this thing back together.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need desperate help

hey man im pretty sure i know what you did. i have a 94 and 98 banshee. sounds like when you assembled the crankcase halves you didnt have the nipple on that wobbly bearing lined up with the hole in the upper case half and when you torqd it you squashed it a little bit.if you need any parts let me know i have lots of items on ebay. my 98 has 87 hp at the crank. ive built a few