Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what do you think about yamaha getting

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think about yamaha getting

Yep we live in a sue-happy society - everybody wants to get rich quick without working for it. What these idiots don't realize (or don't care) is that somebody has to pay for it. It usually trickles down to the consumer and the insurance companies.

There will come a day when we won't be able to do anything anymore because we will have so many rules and laws prohibiting us to do anything because everyone will be scared of getting sued. We will not be free anymore in "The Land Of The Free". When this day comes I'm going to move to the jungles of Equador so I can be "free" again.

Life is dangerous. Bad luck happens. Sometimes when bad stuff happens you have to take responsibility for it and not try to blame everybody else. I have never seen a ATV, UTV, or any motor vehicle flip over when driven correctly and when using some common sense.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

AH MEN

Old 11-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

i flipped my big bear last month due to it having a flat tire. who can i sue? yamaha or dunlop? LMFAO

sue happy idiots. welcome to the united states.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree with the crowd here. Sue happy country. It's a big reason everything fun is so expensive. I've looked at the UTVs and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I think they are best suited for work duties except for the RZR. I saw one on the trails my son, friends, and I ride in New Hampshire. It was keeping up with everybody without a problem. Has a very low center of gravity. It's more likely to slide in a corner than flip. Does this mean impossible to flip...? Nope. Less likely, yes. The others like the Ranger, Rhino, Teryx, Big Red, and Prowler are pretty tall with a high center of gravity. Not as good at high speed cornering in my mind.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: martyMusto

Fast acceleration + small wheel base = quick rollover. I think it would be wise of Yama engineers to build a wider wheel base and some doors onto that thing.. maybe even "windows" of some sort.

but then again people are dumb asses and they'll probably still roll them / fall out of them.

Personally I wouldn't ride/drive one of those goofy things. It looks like a golf cart on roids.</end quote></div>

They do come with doors, it is plenty wide. If you upgrade the speed on the thing then yes, it needs to be wider. I have had my Rhino at 40+ mph through a sand wash with a lot of turns, nothing crazy. But we have had no problem with ours being tipsy. If it was any wider, their use would be even more limited.

If the driver is not dumb and understand centrifugal force you won't roll it.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'm always against rewarding someone for their own stupidity... I think the lawyer should have to pay all costs if he loses the case in these "liability" cases. Maybe then he'd think twice before taking them in the first place.