Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

big gun power box adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big gun power box adjustments

I have a 09 raptor 700 bought big gun power box wondered if any one has tunned one of these devices what settings are most commonly used in the five modes of the power box. Would be nice to hear from some one who has done this also i have yoshi full system exhaust and k&n intake i feel like i mite miss out on some of the features because so many different was to set the modes on the big gun power box

Old 04-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting big gun power box.

I was a bit disappointed when I bought the power box for my 2017 raptor 700. I went with the power box because I also have big gun exhaust and there site said that 80% of the time no adjustments were needed. Well apparently mine was not one of the 80%. After many many tries to get it set properly and going through 6 spark arresters. Due to it running way to lean and not sure how but the screen would be gone off the spark arrester. I will say it was very awesome of big gun to send me so many arresters free of charge. I then called big gun and asked them for help. As great as they were to talk with, they couldn't figure it out either. I then called the company that created the software for the tunner and even they thought something was wrong with the tuner. They called me back the next day and finally were able to help me get it set properly. The idea of the software seems to be pretty simple. But whoever wrote the instructions on there site and that come with the tuner. Does not know how to explain instructions very well. Although it does run great and have a ton of power, it still does not feel correct. I suppose it could be in my head but when nailed at full throttle it feel like it wants to go faster !! I believe that's roughly about I believe I got the jist of it now but it was quite a pain I. The ads to get it set properly